Coinbox Limited is a Management Consulting Company with a focus on HR services looking to employ a driven and detail-oriented business development officer to identify business growth opportunities and develop strategies to increase company sales. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Lekki Phase 1, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Reporting Line: CEO
Industry: Microfinance Bank
- Forecast industry trends, anticipating movements in the market, the interests of consumers, and the efficiency of the business itself, and advise leadership accordingly
- Execute accurate reporting, enabling the department to analyze options and make financial recommendations that align with company objectives
- Periodically document all accounting control procedures, identifying system issues and making suggestions for improvements
- Process all necessary reports and detailed support both periodically and on-demand, including balance sheets, profit and loss statements, revenue forecasts, budgets, and cash-flow statements
- Ensure the integrity of accounting information and reconcile any financial discrepancies by performing or directing forensic research of accounting issues for compliance, and establishing quality control for transactions and reporting
- Handle account reconciliations, verify payment documentation, reference outstanding bills, update debt balance, and conduct disbursement
- Conduct month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close processes to verify all entries have been created and posted, ensuring completeness, accuracy, and cohesiveness of information
- Perform financial analysis on key financial data and make appropriate recommendations to Management.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the GMD/CEO.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Accounting, Business Accounting or Finance
- The candidate is expected to have a minimum of 3 years of experience as an accountant.
- Must have worked in a Microfinance Bank as an accountant or in any financial role.
- Must understand the Microfinance mode of accounting techniques.
- Must be Skillful in account/bookkeeping
- Working knowledge of accounting software platforms, example Bank One accounting software.
- Personal integrity; ability to keep customer and company confidence
- Expert or above average proficiency in MS Excel application
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and corporate finance principles and procedures
- Strong command of details and deadlines
- Should be staying in or around the Island.
Competitive based on experience, job knowledge & qualification.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resumes with their picture on the CV to: email@example.com using “Microfinance Accountant” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 28th May, 2023.