Posted on :
6 Sep, 2011
6 Sep, 2011
One of the fastest growing information and communication technology companies in Africa today. We offer integrated ICT solutions that add value to the operations of diverse clientele, using highly skilled and well motivated workforce. We work with best-in-class partners and technologies from all over the world. We are currently looking for Head of Risk
Opening: Head of Risk
Company: Computer Warehouse Group
Last Modified: 10.02.2011
1. Proactively providing risk management advice across the group, proactively identifying emerging risks and advising the Board on appropriate risk management options;
2. Reporting on key risks, including agreeing mitigating controls and escalating other risks (e.g. in relation to specific deals);
3. Overseeing risk reporting to the Board on risk management best practice;
4. Conducting reviews of current or emerging high risk and high profile activities, particularly in overseas territories. This includes not only providing risk advice on a range of deals but also reviewing the existing control environment within individual overseas offices.
5. Helping managers at all levels across the organisation ensure that risk management is embedded at an operational level within the business and that staff at all levels are aware of and manage risk as a core part of their responsibilities;
6. Providing early risk management advice to the Board and senior managers on new or unusual activities (e.g. major acquisitions, expansion into new markets);
7. Advising or training staff at all levels on core and on-going risk management issues (e.g. anti-fraud practices, the identification of ‘red flags’ and the importance of customer / supplier due diligence).
8. Acting as the company Anti-Fraud Officer with involvement in sensitive fraud cases;
9. Providing business continuity advice to the Board, including acting as a member of the Crisis Management Team if required;
10. Liaising with other specialist external advisors on the control environment and tracking the implementation of recommendations;
11. Ad hoc risk advisory work as required from time to time.
12. The role may require occasional travel and be required to assist in major business continuity incidents out-of-hours. The person will have at least 4 years experience in Risk Management with prior experience in Audit. A good first degree is desired but the professional experience will count most.
The person must be self motivated, innovative and able to use own initiative. He/she must also possess interpersonal & team building skills. Good communication and presentation skills are equally required.
Method of application:- Please send CV and application letter to [email protected] within a week.