COMSIP, for over 60 years, has accompanied it(s) clients in the development of worldwide projects. We help our industrial customers to develop their projects by making available for them our experts in Instrumentation, Electricity, Distributed Control System, Mechanical, Telecommunications, HVAC, Rotating machines, Piping and HSE. Specialist in these technical professions, we are present in all phases of projects, from engineering to construction all the way to commissioning, we also offer training and audits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead Mechanical Commissioning Engineer (Onshore then Offshore)
Location: Any City, Nigeria
Commissioning preparation phase:
- You are in charge of the definition of mechanical pre-commissioning and commissioning scope within the sub-systems.
- You follow up and intervene in contractor’s preparation for pre-commissioning and commissioning scope for both onshore and offshore related to all rotating and mechanical equipment.
- You participate in review contractors system commissioning procedures and Operational Test Procedures.
- You review for approval of contractor’s pre-commissioning and commissioning dossiers.
- You review the Contractors schedule, and execution plans.
- You identify and address all interface issues with other disciplines with respect to the mechanical commissioning activities.
Commissioning Execution Phase:
- You organize, prepare and supervise the safe execution of the commissioning activities.
- You participate in witnessing contractor’s performance of pre-commissioning to achieve mechanical Completion on a sub-system basis.
- You witness contractor’s performance of commissioning execution to achieve RFSU on system and sub-system basis for all rotating and mechanical equipment.
- You participate in follow-up of contractor’s punch list activities and control of punch list items including sign-off of punch list items.
- You ensure contractors PTW and mechanical isolation procedures and practices are in line with Company expectations.
- You review and analyze equipment test results following OTP and provide guidance to CTR in solving the issues discovered during commissioning phase.
Hook up/Start-Up Phase:
- You provide assistance and contractor follow up during off-shore installation, hook-up and commissioning and production start-up.
- You provide assistance in order to ensure proper hand-over of rotating and mechanical equipment to Field Operations and Maintenance teams.
- You participate during site performance test of the rotating machines ensuring that the contract specifications are met.
- You provide technical expertise and specialist advice to contractor in solving technical problems.
Health, Safety and Environment Responsibilities:
- You promote Project HSEQ rules in all pre-commissioning & Commissioning activities
- You shall ensure that HSE aspects including the 12 golden rules are applied in all activities under his supervision or participation.
- Stay vigilant and maintain continuous awareness of hazards and surroundings during activities.
- You participate to local programmes or initiatives to improve HSE performances.
- You report to your Management on any issue you may face or observe and propose way of improvement.
- You also take care of colleagues safety and behaviour without hesitating to intervene where necessary.
- You fully comply with Security rules about Travelling in Nigeria.
- You fully comply with all HSE requirements at all sites, particularly the FPSO yards and sites.
- You ensure that the contractors commissioning execution plan respects the HSE Plan.
- You approve contractors PTW and instrument LOTO systems.
- You report directly to the Commissioning Site Leader.
- You are responsible for Commissioning Contractor’s supervision and monitoring for mechanical scope.
- You demonstrate a good leadership to ensure realization of commissioning activities with no negative impact on project’s HSE, quality, schedule and cost targets.
- Appropriate Mechanical Engineering qualification.
- Good knowledge of mechanical systems.
- Proven experience in pre-commissioning and commissioning of mechanical equipment and major rotating machineries such gas turbines, centrifugal compressors and high pressure pumps. You must be able to demonstrate that you worked in a similar position in another Total project and been able to provide positive recommendation from that specific project.
- Perfect knowledge of the commissioning procedures, developing network planning, coordinating integrated plan.
- Contractor follow up and supervision during pre-commissioning and commissioning.
- Management of systems handover process and integration with FPSO operations teams.
- Good knowledge of OPERCOM methodology and ICAPS software, mechanical general specifications and international standards.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply