Posted on :
9 May, 2010
ConocoPhillips is an international, integrated energy company with operations in more than 30 countries. As the third-largest integrated energy company in the United States and fourth largestrefiner in the world, ConocoPhillips’ goal is to deliver energy in a safe, environmentally and socially responsible manner.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
* Understands the detailed requirements of ISO 9000 and 9001 for Quality Management Systems (QMS) and will manage the development, maintenance and implementation of a QMS in accordance with that standard.
* Responsible for the development and implementation of the Project Quality Plan (PQP).
* Develops the Quality Surveillance and Audit Strategies and schedules.
* Manages the development of Project Procedures for Internal and External Control
* Participates in the Process for Pre-Qualification, Evaluation and Short Listing of Potential Vendors and Contractors.
* Ensures contractor, vendor and fabricator’s QMS are being implemented and meet project requirements.
* Manages the project construction audit program.
* Supports the documentation turnover process to ensure timely and complete transfer of documentation in accordance with contractual requirements.
* Conducts Audits and Surveillances for the evaluation of vendors and suppliers in accordance with the Project Quality Plan.
* Helps to Collate Audit reports and QA/QC Team recommendations for presentations to the Project Manager
* Helps to implement Project procedures, associated training and auditing to confirm Project Team compliance .
* Manages Non conformity and Corrective Action reports and tracks them to close out.
* Coordinates and assists in the process for the establishment, review and approval of project specifications by the Project Team Managers, Engineers and Specialists
* Assists in the internal Audits for all the processes and procedures during the various phases of the Project.
* Assists in the development, audits and implementation of the Document Control processes and controls for the Project
* A bachelor’s degree degree in Engineering from an accredited university
* Minimum twenty (20) years of project and engineering or QA management experience in the oil/gas industry
* A good, sound knowledge of QA and Audit methodology is highly desirable and required for this position
* Fully familiar with the requirements of ISO 9001 for Quality Management Systems and able to develop, maintain and implement a QMS in accordance with that standard
* Has clearly demonstrated strong technical competence
* Certifications related to inspection, welding or QA/QC such as ASNT, AWS, International Register of Certificated Auditors (IRCA), and Institute of Quality Assurance (IQA) etc. preferred
* Working knowledge of some relevant engineering & construction codes and standards
* Ability to work within a diverse cultural environment
* Demonstrated interpersonal, teambuilding, written and oral communications skills
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date.
ConocoPhillips is an equal opportunity employer