Conoil Plc, Nigeria’s largest indigenous petroleum products marketer is looking for a highly strategic and analytic individual with an extensive technological background who will plan, coordinate, direct, and design IT-related activities for the organization. In the course of duty, the individual would be reporting directly to the Managing Director and would also work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. The individual would be responsible for defining and implementing the company’s IT policies and procedures, in accordance with best practices.
Job Title: IT Manager
Duties & Responsibilities
- Benchmark, analyze, report and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems in order to increase productivity and profit
- Manage financial aspects of the Department, including purchasing, budgeting and budget review
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analysis for IT spending and initiatives
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing and service provision
- Negotiate and administer vendor outsourcing, consultant contracts and service agreements
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software and peripherals
- Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations
- Review all technical documentation for both baseline and custom functionality in all hardware and software systems.
- Possession of Bachelor’s degree (full time) – Minimum of Second Class Upper in the field of Computer Science/Information Technology
- Additional Master’s degree in Business Administration with technology as a core component is an added advantage
- Microsoft IT-related certifications, CISCO Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or higher certification
- Overall IT knowledge 5′ skill in one or more of the following areas: Portals, Dashboards, Reporting Tools, Workflow 5′ Collaboration tools.
- Good knowledge of server operating systems (Unix, linux, Windows etc.),ERP applications and infrastructure
Knowledge & Experience
- Should have at least 10 years’ technical and operating experience, five of which must have been at managerial level (as Team Leader/Project Manager in the Oil and Gas or related industry)
- Strong technical knowledge of server, network and PC operating systems, current network hardware protocols and standards including CISCO routers, switches, and firewall management
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure planning and development
- In-depth knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Strong understanding of human resource project management principles, practices, and procedures
- Keen drive to learn and implement new technologies
- Experience in project management, IT service delivery and operations
- Should not be more than 40 years of age
- Strong leadership and communication skills (written and oral)
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Exceptional customer service orientation
Method of Application
To apply, please quote “IT Manager” as the subject of your mail and send your current curriculum vitae to us at [email protected]
All applications will be treated in confidence. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.