WorleyParsons Limited is a large multinational provider of professional services to the energy, resource, and complex process industries
WorleyParsons is currently seeking for a Construction Manager to be based at their Lagos location
Job Code: NG-LAG-2009-17757
Education: Bachelors degree or equivalent
The ideal candidate will have
Previous experience as construction manager on infrastructure projects of up to US$40-60 million in total value, especially in high rise office building and housing complex.
- Proven ability in leading multidiscipline activities.
- Proven understanding and application of skills in critical areas of site safety, quality management, contract administration, procurement and controls with respect to all aspects of construction.
- Possess oral and written English language skills required to function effectively within a project team, and to communicate with Project Management, Contractors and Subcontractors.
- A proven track record and demonstrable success in the management of HSE in major projects
- Provide strong HSE leadership in support of Company’s Zero Harm and OneWay vision.
- The primary role of the Construction Manager is to be responsible for the organization and management of construction of Bay Atlantic project with complete control of construction budget and schedule while meeting Company objectives and goals.
- Leading the management of HSE in the field.
- Preparing site resource plan and selecting/mobilizing construction management team.
- Plan, co-ordinate and manage the field, procurement, construction testing and commissioning of the project.
- Develop site integrated planning strategies, team structure and contractor integration strategies, interfaces at site.
- Participate / develop construction contracting plan , prepare construction tender packages and review bids.
- Manage contractors to achieve the schedule and budget performance of all construction tasks executed within the agreed cost and time requirements.
- Supporting design process phase through constructability reviews, risk analysis reviews, etc to ensure safe construction and mitigate risks.
- Ensure clear agreement of project objectives during construction phase and that these are met or exceeded.
- Contractor management including evaluating contractor/ sub-contractor capability, and assisting as required in the evaluation of contractor proposals, and establishment of appropriate controls with the Project Controls group.
- Develop and maintain a familiarity and appreciation of capability and ongoing work load of Construction support providers / contractors.
- Manage a multi disciplined team of Supervisors.
- Monitor and appraise the contractor’s construction performance, and ensure that necessary corrective actions are taken in such areas as safety, quality, planning and scheduling, cost control, subcontract administration.
- Ensure by leadership and guidance that contracted works meets all practical, commercial, requirements of productivity, quality and contract target completions.
- Manage the planning of all construction scope elements of the project and develop resource & financial requirements from the project plan.
- Manage the field procurement and construction activities to meet the project schedule ensuring clearly defined scope.
- Manage and monitor construction performance on an ongoing basis to ensure compliance with requirements of the contract and to identify issues and opportunities early and take pre-emptive action.
- Routinely monitor the key reports and development of corrective action plans.
- Plan and prepare accurate project construction estimates and establish cost report for control of projects.
- Monitor and control all cost aspects of the project construction scope including forecasting costs, obtaining approvals, identifying trends, taking action to avoid cost overruns and identifying opportunities.
- Identify, document and communicate the client requirements.
- Effectively manage multiple stakeholders.
- Maintain and build healthy client / contractor relationships throughout the project and post completion.
- Proactively resolve performance, scope, cost and schedule issues between DeltaAfrik and the contractor/ sub-contractor as they arise.
- Set clear objectives for the Construction team and monitor the Construction Management function to ensure safe delivery of the project within cost and schedule objectives.
- Ensure the right systems are in place and that these are applied on the project.
- Develop a project construction schedule which allows work to be executed in a logical sequence
Click here to apply directly through their official website