Brunel Technical Services is owned by Brunel International NV and forms part of the Brunel Energy division, that specialises in the provision of personnel, predominately to the Petrochemical, Power Generating, Onshore / Offshore Oil & Gas and General Industrial Construction Industries.
Brunel Energy is currently recruiting a Construction Superintendent / Supervisor.Job Number: 24114, Contract period: 1 year renewable
Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited
Mobil House, Lekki Expressway,
Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria
Candidate will possess extensive knowledge of and experience in project management, budgeting, cost estimating, project planning, and cost forecasting requirements of ExxonMobil
Responsibilities (Duties Performed):
- Project Execution
- Review and endorsement of construction safety, quality and construction plans.
- Review and endorsement of organization plans for the construction phase of the projects.
- Work with Construction Manager to ensure projects are appropriately staff for the construction phase.
- Review updates to the Construction Management System.
- Regularly report to Project Engineering Design and Implementation Manager and Construction Manager on all project status.
- Monitor the performance of contractors during construction phase and meet with contractor management for discussion on project issues and status
- Implement and plan the construction phase execution strategies, resource planning, contractors monitoring and oversight programs.
- Work with Construction Engineer to ensure all work activities are carried out to construction work scope.
- Implement project safety, quality, schedule and cost objectives during the construction, commissioning and startup phase.
- Daily interface with construction contractors to ensure alignment with Contract obligation, technical specification and terms and conditions.
- Ensure knowledge in MPN Safety, Work Management Procedures and SIMOPS Manuals and appropriated integrated in projects.
- Ensure that MPN contractor oversight plans (QA/QC, safety, etc.) are in place prior to start of construction.
- Ensure required QA/QC systems are in place and that adequate staff are assigned to projects.
- Ensure construction lessons learned are documented and reported.
- Ensure commission, startup and handover to Operations and Maintenance plans and procedures are implemented.
- Ensure effective project closeout.
- Ensure contractor sub-contractors are screened and approved.
- Support and communicate MPN corporate policies, practices and goals.
- Develop and steward group mission and visions, objectives and priorities, job descriptions and individual personal objectives.
- Provide leadership, supervision, construction technical guidance and mentoring to personnel.
- Ensure monthly safety meetings are conducted.
- Provide regular and constructive feedback to individuals. Steward personnel development, technical and safety training for group.
- Recognize individual and team contributions and celebrate accomplishments.
- Assist with construction planning and execution capabilities at QIT consistent with Department procedures, systems and EMM.
- Develop and steward construction activities.
- Maintain construction/installation budgets within cost estimates and with effective Controls.
- Maintain and disseminate knowledge of business processes.
- Align with functional counterparts, MPN Operations and Maintenance on project goals objectives.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in project management, budgeting, cost estimating, project planning, and cost forecasting requirements
- Significant experience as a project construction professional
- Knowledge of UPMS, EMM, OIMS and CIMS applications
- Detailed knowledge of upstream production facility operations.
- 10+ years in project construction and execution, including management of safety, quality and work execution planning for construction.
For more information, contact: Mr. Ufuoma Olori ([email protected])
Closing Date: 30-09-2009
Click here to apply through Brunel official website