Convolve of Hope Initiative-COHi is a reputable Non-Governmental Organization, whose thematic focus is on empowering and promoting advocacy that support the rights of women and children to ensure decrease in poverty, social inequalities, malnutrition and hunger with our innovative solution for self reliance. The NGO seeks to recruit a suitable and qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fundraising Officer
Location: Benin City, Nigeria
- Strategize and device credible methods of soliciting and securing funds, donations and sponsorship from individual, business/corporate, or government donors
- Organize activities and events to raise funds or otherwise solicit and gather monetary donations or other gifts for the NGO
- Identify and build relationships with potential donors.
- create design and produce promotional materials
- Solicit and secure donations or sponsorship commitments from individual, business/corporate, or government donors.
- Raise awareness of the NGO’s work, goals, and financial needs.
- Design or produce materials such as posters, Web sites, or newsletters to promote donations of funds.
- Write speeches, press releases, or other promotional materials to increase awareness of the causes, missions, or goals of the NGO.
- Conduct research to identify the goals, net worth, history of charitable donations, or other data related to potential donors, potential investors, or general donor markets.
- Write reports or prepare presentations on strategies and funds raised to management
- Develop strategies to encourage new or increased contributions
- Recruit sponsors, participants, or volunteers for fundraising events
- Direct or supervise fundraising staff, including volunteer staff members
- Create and update donor and media contact list/databases.
- Monitor budgets, expense reports, or other financial data for the NGO.
- Attend community events, meetings, or conferences to promote the NGO’s goals or solicit donations or sponsorships.
- Contact corporate representatives, government officials, or community leaders to increase awareness of NGO causes, activities, or needs.
Skills / Competence Requirements
- Driven, ambitious, confident and tenacious
- High Energy level
- Amiable personality
- Exceptional selling skills
- Good written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Networking and social skills
- Smart and intelligent with eyes for details
- First Degree in Social Science or related discipline.
- Intermediate to advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft suite – MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Proficiency with social media skills
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience
- Minimum of 1 year experience with an NGO is a MUST
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: [email protected] using“Fundraising Officer” as the subject of the mail
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 30th January, 2018