Cool FM,”Your #1 Hit music station”, is a Nigerian based music station with a global reach, broadcasting to a format of 70% Urban contemporary (UC) and 30% Adult contemporary (AC) music content. Our core target audience is 15-45, we also strive to create programmes that cut above this age group and attract other groups too. We aim to uplift our international audience with lively discussions and popular music from all across the world. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: OAP (On Air Personality)
Job Type: Full Time
- Creatively developing programs for assigned belt to suit station demographic and brand identity
- Moderating panels or talks shows on various relevant topics in line with NBC rules.
- Coordinating games, contests, or other on-air competitions, performing such duties as asking questions and awarding prizes.
- Conducting proper research and getting background information in order to prepare adequately for programs or interviews.
- Commenting on and present facts to the listeners on various issues – Artists, their music, tours, weather, traffic, politics, current affairs etc
- Interviewing show guests about their lives, their work, or topics of current interest.
- Answering calls during live programs; hold conversation and attend to call-in listeners enquiries during the show.
- Ensuring scheduled adverts/commercials on the schedule sheet are played in line with Traffic schedule
- Recording and reporting failed adverts to the appropriate department
- Responsible for announcing commercials, giving weather and traffic reports and updates, and either introducing New and reporting breaking news.
- Updating the station log. This information is given to the traffic department for the log of daily station activities the NBC (National Broadcast Commission) requires.
- Strictly adhering to NBC’s rules relating to delivery of hypes, talks etc.
- Doing voice-overs for commercials for the radio station.
- Engaging audience on all the social media platforms and ensure that on-air and online are integrated. i.e. always updating digital platforms to be in line with ongoing on-air programs.
- Working the control board (CONSOLE), keeping the programming logs.
- Making special public appearances on behalf of the station and promoting the station’s brand.
- Regularly attending and being part of both Station’s and Company’s meetings and events.
- Interested candidates should possess an HND / B.Sc / M.Sc Degree with at least 2 years relevant work experience in a radio station with same format as cool fm.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 10th April, 2022.