COOPI Cooperazione Internazionale, is a humanitarian, non-confessional and independent organization founded in 1965 in Milan, Italy. For more than 50 years we have been dedicated to breaking the cycle of poverty and to supporting populations affected by wars, socio-economic crises or natural disasters in their path to recovery and sustainable development, by making use of the professionalism of local and international operators, and through our partnerships with public and private bodies and civil society organizations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer – Multi-sectorial intervention towards IDPs in NE Nigeria
Location: Potiskum, Yobe (With frequent travels across the Area of Operations)
Scope of the Vacancy
- The M&E Officer will provide support to multi-sectorial intervention towards IDPs in NE Nigeria (FSL, nutrition & child protection) in the design, planning, monitoring and evaluation of the program by managing data and facilitating program implementation at state level, under the guidance and direct supervision of the Program Manager.
- The M&E Officer will be responsible for data gathering, analysis and reporting activities. S/he will assist in tracking progress of key indicators and provide timely reports to the Project Manager and Programme Manager.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
- Under the direct supervision of the Program Manager, and in collaboration with the Project Managers, Field Coordinators, and other collaborators of the projects and of the Base, he/she will:
- Collect qualitative and quantitative information and program data through surveys, assessments, post distribution monitoring, and regular market monitoring
- Quantify methods and identify data sources for program performance and impact indicators, in conjunction with respective program component teams.
- Conducting project baseline, end line and progress surveys, ensuring appropriate sample size and sampling survey methods, data collection procedures, and data verification through periodic site visits
- Facilitate training of staff, Community Mobilisers and partners in the M&E data collection tools and participate in the sensitization of beneficiaries in collaboration with program teams.
- Support in collating and analysing monitoring data, as well as report on findings from monitoring activities
- Ensure proper monitoring of the program, focusing on overall M&E framework of the projects
- Present and analyse data based on information needs of project team and partners and support in data base management.
- Directly supervise data entry and data cleaning activities by the data entry clerks
- Analyse and provide information regarding general context at the LGA level and explore opportunities in support of partnership, building initiatives with LGA level government and other humanitarian actors.
- Assist program teams in the selection of beneficiaries as per the established procedure from the project proposal.
- Assist the program team in the selection of Community Mobilisers to facilitate the process of beneficiaries’ selection.
- Analysing of data, report development and submission of M&E reports
- Provide support to improve monitoring and reporting mechanism through revised monitoring and reporting framework, through collaboration with the program team.
- Review of reporting made against indicators
- Drafting and sharing lessons learnt from the different project intervention for programme development and quality control
- Work with program teams to ensure COOPI information on program activities is shared within LGAs and provide for beneficiary feedback in line with relevant guidelines and frameworks
- Collaborate with government and humanitarian partners to ensure the smooth sharing of information in consultation with the Project Manager/Field Coordinator/Program Manager
- Support the program team in facilitating the process of setting up Complaint Response Mechanism at Ward/ LGA level and handling complaint/ feedback.
- Provide support to the programs at LGA level and within the communities
- Assist the Programme Manager to provide trainings on monitoring and evaluation that include sampling, data collection, data cleaning, analysis and reporting guidelines to all program staff.
- Coach data entry clerks and project officers on data cleaning
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required and assigned by his/her supervisor.
Profile of the Candidate (Education, Training, Competences, Skills)
- Degree/Diploma in Economics, Rural Development, Development Studies, Statistics, Demography or related subject, with previous experience working in humanitarian projects
Desired Competencies / Skills:
- 2-3 years M&E related work experience with an INGO
- Experience in data collection, collation, analysis, and report writing
- Fluency in English
- Stable, moral, reliable and robust character and a good team-player
- Excellent communication skills, calm, with a good sense of humour
- Proven commitment to accountability practices
- Excellent Microsoft Office & statistical soft wares skills (Excel, Word, Power point, SPSS, Emails, Skype, Web researchers)
- Ability to plan and organize work and write clear and concise reports and communicate effectively (both in writing and verbally)
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local context
- Previous humanitarian programming experience
- Knowledge of the local language (Hausa)
- According to the experience
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications which should include CV’s (max 3 pages) and Cover Letter (max 1 page) to: [email protected] specifying in the e-mail subject: “Application for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer in Yobe”.
Note: Any late application or incomplete submission will not be considered and thus will be disregarded immediately. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Application Deadline 9th February, 2018.