UNDP is recruiting for a Coordination Assistant to the UN Coordination Specialist to be based in Abuja Nigeria.
Type of Contract: National FTA Local
Duration of Initial Contract: One year
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the UN Coordination Specialist, the Coordination Assistant ensures effective and efficient functioning of the Resident Coordinator’s Office (RCO), full confidentiality in all aspects of assignment, maintenance of protocol procedures, management of information flow and follow-up on deadlines and commitments made.
The Coordination Assistant works in close collaboration with RCO staff, UNDP Operations, Personal Assistant to the UNCT, UN System staff involved in RCO/UNCT activities and thematic groups, Development Agencies and national authorities to ensure efficient flow of information, actions on instructions, agendas.
- Demonstrates commitment to the UN System and UNDP’s mission, vision and values.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Shares knowledge and experience
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
- Actively works to gain updates on Atlas and Atlas Training
- Actively works towards knowledge Information Technology
Development and Operational Effectiveness:
- Ability to perform a broad range of specialized activities aimed at effective and efficient functioning of RC office, including data/ schedule management, maintenance of protocol, information flow.
- Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, elaboration and implementation of new data management systems and databases
- Ability to work in Atlas and experience of UNDP financial reporting and functions
Leadership and Self-Management:
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to delegation and feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
Required Skills and Experience
Education: Secondary School completion
Experience: Minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible professional work experience in management, office administration, finance/account, some of which at the international level.
Closing Date: 6th November, 2009.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
For More Information visit UNDP website
Click here to apply online.