Posted on :
23 Sep, 2009
23 Sep, 2009
A partnership of four Organizations is seeking for a COORDINATOR, Development of Climate Change Adaptation Strategy for Nigeria.
Working for a partnership of four organizations, and through a Multi-stakeholder Forum
• Strategically and proactively guide the process of developing a knowledge-based Climate Change Adaptation Strategy for Nigeria;
• Oversee the work of the Multi-stakeholder Forum, both organizationally and substantively at the national and regional levels in collating and analyzing data, and designing the Strategy;
• Ensure the Adaptation Strategy is developed through a fully participatory, broadly based, multi-sectoral process, with a high level of buy-in across sectors and eco-regional zones;
• Ensure the Adaptation Strategy to be developed is relevant to national, state and local government levels and also to the community level across Nigeria;
• Prepare discussion drafts of key strategy documents, among other important outputs.
• This position is funded for one Year and may be extended for an additional one year or part thereof.
• The job will be located in Abuja.
• Ability to lead a multi-stakeholder process;
• To be proactive and take initiative to work within an agreed framework – mandate, vision, work plan, and budget;
• To work constructively and engage many stakeholders in a complex process; excellent writing and editing skills, and language skills.
• Previous work experience at national level and the regional /zonal level;
• Developing a national strategy, action plan or policy framework; with multi-stakeholder processes;
• Meeting deadlines and targets; and in a team building & directing team to meet short/medium term objectives.
• At least sit (6) years work experience at senior policy level.
• Evidence of deep understanding and knowledge of environmental and development issues in Nigeria; of strong climate change adaptation knowledge; of knowledge of policy frameworks & policy development processes in Nigeria; and of all regions of Nigeria.
• At least a Masters-level education in a relevant field, including socio-economic and environmental areas, policy or governance areas.
Method of Application:
Letter of application, detailed curriculum vitae, quick contact addresses and names of three professional and character referees with addresses and contacts must reach the Advertiser, on [email protected]
Closing Date: 25th September, 2009.