Cormart was incorporated in 1981 as a trading company specializing in Industrial Raw Materials and Chemicals. We represent the business interests of top Multinational Companies who wish to do business in Nigeria.
We import, stock and distribute chemicals and other Raw Materials for the paint, confectioneries, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage industries. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Sales Trainee (Specialty Chemicals)
- Cormart Nigeria Limited is hiring graduates or young professionals with a background in chemistry, microbiology, pharmacy, nutrition, food processing or other fields of science, chemical production and food processing for its ‘Technical Sales Trainee Program’.
- During the one year program the Technical Sales Trainees will rotate through several departments of Cormart to get exposures to the various industries that Cormart serves. After successful completion of the program Trainees will be confirmed as Technical Sales Executives with a specialization on one of the industries that Cormart is active in.
- Cormart is part of TGI Group, an international investment and holding company with diverse interests and investments in Nigeria, Ghana, Benin Republic, and several other emerging markets. It is a sister company to TGI Distri., Chi Farms Ltd., Chi Pharmaceuticals Ltd., WACOT Ltd., WASIL Ltd., Romson Oil Field Services and various other companies.
- Cormart is one of the leading specialty chemicals companies in Nigeria and active in production and sales/marketing of chemicals and raw materials for industries such as paint, glues & adhesives, oil lubricants, breweries, distilleries, beverage, food, confectionaries, cosmetics, and personal and home care chemicals. Cormart represents large international brands in Nigeria such as Merck, Cargill, Ashland, Ecolab, Afton, AB Mauri, and many others.
- Duration: One year with the opportunity to advance into permanent position.
- Industry: Specialty Chemicals, Food
- Assessment and Interviews: Lagos, Nigeria
- This role provides a great opportunity for graduates and young professionals seeking a career in technical sales.
- As part of the Business-to-Business (B2B) sales team, the sales trainee will be equipped to actively prospect and develop new accounts, generate sales quotes, and handle customer inquiries.
- Furthermore, all trainees develop a technical expert profile based on the educational background, past work experience and personal interest of the technical sales trainee.
Job Responsibilities (not exhaustive)
- Developing existing customer relationships and finding new customers
- Identifying new market and new product opportunities
- Gathering market and customer information
- Understanding Cormart products and matching it to customer needs
- Handling customer inquiries and resolve customer issues
- Generating new leads and business opportunities
- Representing Cormart at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations
- Providing technical support to customers
Key Competencies and Attributes:
- Ability, self-motivation and desire to sell
- Positive energy and resilience to setbacks
- Personal maturity and an authentic personality
- Seamless verbal and written communication and business etiquette
- Good presentation skills and extroverted personality
- Excellent ability to fit into teams and to cooperate with management.
- First Degree in Chemistry or related Sciences.
- Master degree in chemistry, microbiology, pharmacy, nutrition, food processing or other fields of science, chemical production and food processing
- Previous experience in technical functions (production, research and development, quality assurance etc.) of the industries that Cormart is active in is an added advantage
- Experienced candidates are also encouraged to apply.
- Flexibility: willingness to work in different B2B business units and locations in Nigeria when required.
- In line with market standards, combination of fixed and performance based pay, and with relevant increase upon completion of trainee program.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.
Application Closing Date: 7th November, 2019
Note: Only suitable candidates will be contacted