CornerStone Staffing – Our Client, a big player in the Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) Industry, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Vice President, Corporate Government Affairs
- Our Client is looking to recruit a Senior Vice President, Corporate Government Affairs.
- This role is responsible for managing outreach and advocacy on public policy and regulations on behalf of our client while seeking to leverage government relations to realize new business opportunities
- Develop a comprehensive strategic Government Affairs strategy and lead its implementation
- Build a strong corporate profile amongst key government and political decision makers.
- Provide expert advice on the workings of the government institutions and decision-making procedures.
- Externally representing the Company in small and large group settings to promote the Company’s and the industry’s position on important public policy issues.
- Championing the Company’s values and the highest ethical standards in the conduct of business and engagement with government customers and officials
- Harness existing relationships with key stakeholders including national, regional and international policy makers, bureaucrats as well as industry associations and NGO’s.
- Working closely with Company leadership team to keep them well informed on public policy issues, debates and trends and providing proactive advice on the impact and relevance of these issues to the Company’s businesses.
- Working in close partnership with the public relations team to develop effective internal and external communications strategies.
Education and Experience
- Mass Communications, Journalism, Political Science, Economics, Law, Master of Arts.
- Extensive knowledge of local, state and federal government organization and legislative processes in Nigerian.
- High level of understanding of regional government decision-making process and procedures.
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in working on policy issues, with significant similar experience with a global corporation or with an international law or consultancy firm
- Experience in building and managing relationships with key government officials.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of various business issues
Skills and Competencies:
- High level of influencing skills combined with an ability to build excellent working relationships within a matrix environment (both cross-functionally and globally)
- Advanced communication skills – both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to think and lead on a strategic level within a complex organization
- Ability to deal effectively with people and work in diverse teams
- Ability to anticipate trends and manage risk
- Ability to motivate and inspire others
- Ability to identify and have access to key government and policy decision makers
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Apply