Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grants Manager – Northern Nigeria Education Initiative Plus (Nei+)
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- The Northern Nigeria Education Initiative Plus (NEI+) project works to improve the quality of and access to education in Northern Nigeria, equitably and sustainably.
- The Grants Manager will be responsible for oversight of all grants activities, including ensuring efficient and proper controls USAID grant compliance and reporting; coordinating training and grants administration with NGOs grantees; and review and submission of financial reports as required for each grant.
Reporting & Supervision
- The Grants Manager will supervise the Grants Officer and report the Senior Finance Specialist.
- Responsible for maintaining grant files and ensuring that they are always up-to-date
- Coordinate and support project audits, grantor’s audit, or monitoring visits;
- Conduct educational and training workshops on proposal preparation and/or financial monitoring, as necessary;
- Responsible for maintaining files in Creative’s online grants administration database;
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Implement procedures and templates to be used for formulating, negotiating, executing, monitoring, and closing grants according to USAID regulations and the projects Grants Manual;
- Develop solicitations, coordinate the evaluation of applications, award grants, monitor and report on financial activities as appropriate;
- Monitor grantee to ensure compliance with USAID regulations;
- Assist large NGOs to convey grants-management requirements, processes, and skills to their local affiliates as necessary;
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or professional Accounting/Financial qualification is required;
- Excellent record keeping, and documentation skills are required;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills is required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in grant management, including disbursements and reporting and 4 years of general work experience is required;
- Demonstrated experience in financial administration, budget and cost control management is essential;
- Knowledgeable about USAID rules and regulations, previous experience working on USAID-funded projects is preferred;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated Resume/CV’s to: [email protected] with “Grants Manager” in the email Subject line
Application Deadline 24th August, 2018.
Note: Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.