Creative Associates International (Creative) is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Creative has been in Nigeria since 2004, and is currently accepting applications from senior and mid-level candidates for long-term positions for an anticipated agriculture value chain and competitiveness development program in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement & Logistic Assistant – Northern Education Initiative Plus
- The Northern Nigeria Education Initiative Plus (NEI+) project works to improve the quality of and access to education in Northern Nigeria, equitably and sustainably.
Reporting & Supervision
- This position is housed in Bauchi, Nigeria, reporting to the State Team Leader.
Under the supervision of State Team Leader. She/he will be responsible to ensure timely, cost effective and safe delivery of goods and services to clients and to assist in the implementation of well-coordinated procurement and logistics activities. His/her duties include:
- Undertake field missions when required;
- Keep abreast of relevant products/services market developments;
- Perform other duties as required.
- Prepare all necessary documentation for handling logistics of goods and services procured in accordance with Creative/USAID rules and regulations, and any other documents as needed; Maintain the records on procurement process and related documents and files to ensure transparency and accountability;
- Assist in scheduled updating of the procurement express portal regularly.
- Maintain a database of goods in movement and deliveries completed;
- Assist in monitoring deliverables under contracts awarded and prepare documentation for review by the procurement team.
- Assist the Logistics & Procurement officer in managing daily vehicle movement for the office
- Assist the Logistics & Procurement Officer in conducting periodic physical verification/tracking of the assets on quarterly basis
- Send inventory report to the Logistic and Procurement officer on quarterly basis.
- Support other office operations as assigned by supervisor.
- Ensure that all rented vehicles are in good working conditions
- Ensure that all NEI Plus owned and rented vehicles are using NEI Plus log sheet record properly
- Ensure that all NEI Plus drivers have a valid driving licenses at all the times
- Update general inventory list timely as soon as new assets are procured
- Ensure that all Creative NEI Plus project assets are given unique tagged number
Required Skills & Qualifications
- College degree in purchasing or related field.
- 2+ year’s experience in procurement and Administration
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and ability to meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- English fluency including business terminology required.
- Demonstrated intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Planning and scheduling skills;
- Experience in a USG or donor funded project or NGO preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to interact professionally with a culturally diverse staff, clients and consultants.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive Resume with brief Cover Letter as ONE MS Word document or PDF to: [email protected] Please specify the position in the subject line of the email.
Application Deadline 29th June, 2018.
- Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls.
- There are no relocation allowances available for this position.