Creative Associates International provides outstanding, on-the-ground development services and forges partnerships to deliver sustainable solutions to global challenges. Its experts focus on building inclusive educational systems, transitioning communities from conflict to peace, developing sustainable economic growth, engaging youth, promoting transparent elections and more.
Creative is recognized for its ability to quickly adapt and excel in conflict and post-conflict environments. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grants Officer
Location: Accra, Ghana
Division: Economic Growth
- The Grants Officer will report to the Lead Grants Manager and for 20% of his/her time s/he will report to the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Director, based in Abuja, Nigeria
- The Grants Officer will also provide support in all monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Grants Officer will report to Lead Grants Manager based in Abuja, Nigeria.
- Review sub-grantees’ liquidation and financial reports and provide summaries to the projectТs Lead Grants Manager on a monthly basis;
- Implement procedures and templates to be used for formulating, negotiating, executing, monitoring, and closing grants according to USAID regulations and the projectТs Grants Manual;
- Provide mentoring support to strengthen and improve sub-granteesТ management capacity for improved performance;
- Administer petty cash operations, and provide accountability and reporting in full compliance with USAID and Creative standards;.
- Assist Field office staff in cash disbursement of items paid in petty cash and submitting expense report periodically;
- Ensure quality and streamlined data entry from grantees into Creative corporate web-based MEL platform MEDAL (Monitoring and Evaluation Database for Adaptive Learning);
- Ensure that grantees submit reports within the agreed time schedule;
- Monitor grantee to ensure compliance with USAID regulations, Grants Manual and the content of sub-agreement;
- Responsible for maintaining grant files and ensuring they stay up-to-date;
- Support project audits, grantorТs audit, or monitoring visits;.
- Responsible for entering and maintaining Trade Hub online System for the Management of Activities, Reporting and Tracking (SMART) for sub-grantees;
- Support the Lead Grants Manager in enforcing and maintaining policies for grant processes;
- Conduct project site visits to collect quantitative and qualitative data; including site visits for secondary verification of data results; and
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- High School Diploma is required, Bachelor’s Degree or professional Accounting / Financial qualification is preferred;
- Minimum two (2) years experience in grant management, including disbursements and reporting and four years of general experience.
- Excellent record keeping, and documentation skills;
- Have a good computer literacy;
- Understanding of cost-share and/or leveraging preferred; and
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience in financial administration, budget and cost control management is essential;
- Knowledge of USAID Rules and Regulations, previous experience working on USAID-funded projects is preferred;
- Ability to analyze data and suggest areas of improvement
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV either in PDF or Word format as one document to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only finalists will be contacted
Application Deadline: 30th April, 2020.