Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to stimulating economic growth in the agricultural sector by nurturing entrepreneurship, private enterprise and market linkages. CNFA specializes in fostering private sector investments in training, new technologies and marketing as a means to increase the overall competitiveness of agricultural value chains, to expand exports, and to develop skills in the rural workforce.
CNFA assists small holders in increasing household-level food security and nutrition through improved agricultural practices, introduction of new seed varieties, diversification of crop production, food preservation and storage, development of farmer-based organizations (FBOs) and strengthened linkages to markets.
We invite applications from qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Zonal Project Assistant – Feed the Future Nigeria and Nestle Maize Quality Improvement Partnership Project
- CNFA is currently seeking applications from qualified candidates for the positions of Zonal Project Assistant for the USAID and Nestle funded “Feed the Future Nigeria and Nestle Maize Quality Improvement Partnership” project
- This project is focusing on enhancing the quality and safety of maize and soyabeans in Kaduna State by reducing the levels of aflatoxin and other contaminants.
- The Project currently operates in two agro-ecological zones of Kaduna state, namely Maigana and Lere zones
- This position will report directly to the Zonal Training and Volunteers’ Coordinator and will be based either in Maigana or Saminaka.
- The Zonal Project Assistant will assist the team with the Project implementation
- He/She will support the Project team to work with Project Volunteers, farmers, input suppliers, and grain aggregators in mitigating aflatoxin and other contaminant levels
- Facilitate and participate in training events scheduled in the assigned zone;
- Participate in site visits, provide relevant information and conduct presentations on assigned projects for M-QIP management, USAID and Nestle representatives, other interested parties, etc. as requested;
- Assist with data collection, data entry and preparation of project reports;
- Assist with implementation of Project administration and finance activities;
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Support implementation of project activities with specific attention to either Maigana or Lere zone
- Support implementation of project activities within the assigned zone, with specific attention to achievement of planned projects impacts, in line with project documents and donor standards;
- Ensure that the volunteer trainers deliver quality and accurate trainings to beneficiaries at all time and regularly assess their knowledge and abilities and provide support where needed;
- Assist in conduct of regular GIS mapping activities that monitor aflatoxin and other contaminant levels in their assigned areas using approved testing techniques;
- Support proper and valid data collection from project beneficiaries to support monitoring and evaluation;
- Facilitate the delivery of training and technical assistance to volunteer trainers and beneficiaries per guidance from the Senior Technical Advisor;
- Familiarity with GPS mapping and tagging and other GIS topics;
- Knowledge of aflatoxin mitigation techniques at the production, harvest, post-harvest, and storage stage preferred;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Oral and written fluency in Hausa and English mandatory.
- Nigerian National;
- Previous experience working in northern Nigeria, or specifically Kaduna state strongly preferred;
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma in Agronomy, Agricultural Extension or a closely related field;
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience required, previous work with USAID or other international donor funded programs preferred;
- Experience conducting trainings and managing field activities;
- Familiarity with agricultural extension and value chain development;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover Letters to: [email protected] with the words “Zonal Project Assistant Maigana zone “or “Zonal Project Assistant Lere zone” in the subject line.
Application Deadline 27th July, 2018.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.