Cummins Inc. a global power leader, is a fortune 500 corporation of complementary business units that design, manufacture, distribute and service engines and related technologies, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions and electrical power generation systems.
By working to coordinate the production, shipment, and delivery of the goods & Customer Service Support required to meet their business needs, Cummins Inc. has been able to more easily meet the demands of their customers.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Service Parts Specialist
Req ID: 180002H1
- Ensures that customers receive the best service possible through processing orders, preparing general correspondence, and coordinating with other functions as required. Acts as customer contact regarding order issues, scheduling, and shipping.
- Provide consultative, pre-sales support information to customers (lead time, availability, minor technical support, policy), making recommendations and providing guidance
- Performs order management functions for a specific set of customers/accounts; responsibility for the entire order life cycle (special pricing discounts, change order & cancellation processing, invoicing/credit memos).
- Act as single point of contact to the customer for order inquiries
- Possess general understanding of logistics, transportation, warehousing needs of assigned customer base
- Liaises with internal production, planning & materials teams to ensure prompt, accurate and timely order throughput
- Communicate with staff from other areas in the organization such as production, warehouse, or logistics to confirm the status of orders and resolve customer complaints
- Support OMCS departmental goals and initiatives to become a more proactive customer support organization: develop, document and enhance standard sales administrative practices as they pertain to customer communication, manufacturing communication and order throughput processes.
- Identify ideas and develop proactive communications to assigned customer base, regarding processes, policy and / or best practices
- Hosts customers at local plant for customer visits, witness tests and/or factory tours
- Participates in continuous improvement projects
Education, Licenses, Certifications:
- 0 – 2 years of previous customers service experience preferred
- Foster Open Communication – Demonstrated results indicating deep knowledge of fostering open communication. Expresses reactions and opinions without intimidating others.
- Actively encourages others to express their honest views, even contrary ones and listens actively to all viewpoints. Encourages others to share information in an organized and effective manner. Must possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Manage Execution – Must have strong ability to multitask and prioritize based on customer demands and workload.
- Technical Skills – General understanding of order entry processes, systems and overall customer support functions. Knowledge of production planning and back office functions, a plus
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Job Title: Regional IT Solutions Manager (DBS)
Ref No: 180002I3
- Provides application or infrastructure technical expertise, analysis and specifications for IT systems to meet business requirements in accordance with IT architecture policies and standards; translate requirements into technical specifications, create detailed solution design, coordinate construction, installation, configuration and testing of IT systems; and identifies, troubleshoots and resolves system technical issues.
- Creates and manages life cycle of technical specifications from which programs and configurations will be applied to create the application, infrastructure or complete solution.
- Assists in technical analysis of potential solutions including evaluating the technical fit and viability of commercial-of-the-shelf products versus custom built solution.
- Delivers solution adhering to standards and leveraging re-use of components.
- Creates high level and detail design of infrastructure OR applications, interfaces, conversions, extensions, reports, and workflows while meeting architecture, security, performance, scalability, and maintainability requirements.
- Assists technical and infrastructure groups in understanding the solution design and specifications.
- Works closely with IT technical service providers to ensure outsourced work packages are delivered to specifications, meeting key parameters of quality, schedule, cost, security, performance, and scalability.
- Conducts or participates in formal design reviews and code reviews (where applicable) to ensure the detailed design specifications have been understood and coding standards have been adhered to by the development team(s).
- Seeks appropriate opportunities to promote re-usability of component designs to reduce costs and shorten time to deliver solutions.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to enhance efficiency in the build and deploy processes, leveraging automation where possible.
- Assists in the test strategy and execution of master test plan.
- Participates in the creation of standards, processes, procedures, and guidelines for the IT design and development community as well work instructions or ‘runbooks’ used for end-user support.
- Analyzes and revises existing systems and documentation to identify remediation or improvements in the application or infrastructure solution.
- Provides level 3 support for critical non-routine issues.
- Coaches less experienced team members on technical matters.
Your immediate focus is to lead IT technical team and partner with the extended project team to deploy the new regional ERP project named DBS (Distributor Business System)
See summary responsibility below:
- Support DBS implementation program across Africa & Middle East. Lead IT aspect of solution design, Work with DBS program leader and other stakeholders to document technical requirements and solution. Own mitigation of related technical implementation risks. Define after ‘go live” support model
- Lead delivery of key technical features and integrations. Provide guidance for all technical change management, coordinating and working with extended technical stakeholders
- Participate in business process continues improvement efforts. Lead system related business process improvement solution design.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- College, university, or equivalent degree in Information Technology, Business or a related subject required.
- Significant relevant experience required. 5-7 years of experience.
- System Prototyping – Able to conduct an early sample, model, or pre-release of a product built to test a concept or process or to act as a thing to be replicated or learned from.
- Requirements Analysis: Describes how business analysts prioritize and progressively elaborate stakeholder and solution requirements in order to enable the project team to implement a solution that will meet the needs of the sponsoring organization and stakeholders.
- Solution Assessment & Validation: The ability to understand and assess proposed solutions in order to determine how closely they meet requirements and if they will deliver the desired business outcomes. The ability to understand the organization, and its readiness, to determine what is necessary to transition to the solution.
- Solution Design: The activities involved in conceptualizing, defining, architecting, and ultimately designing complex systems.
- Solution Construction: Ability to select desired options to make a commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) products, applications, or IT systems function to user specifications. To build a particular application or system for use in a specific way.
- Troubleshooting: Able to diagnose and problem solve issues with computer hardware or software components with little or no direction. May require ability to install, configure, or disposition of server or client pc infrastructure and application issues.
- Relationship Management: Creates relationships with new acquaintances quickly and confidently; works to build trust and partner with stakeholders; successfully manages both internal and external relationships (e.g., vendor relationships); is comfortable in a challenger role that, at times, requires building constructive tension in interactions.
- Influence: Applies different approaches to convince others to change their opinion or plan, and wins support from others for ideas; is able to build support with peers without direct lines of reporting across a matrix organization.
- Decision Making : Considers the relative benefits and costs of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one; acts decisively and swiftly; identifies problems and drives toward solutions; takes on responsible roles and accountability for outcomes even when things go wrong; is comfortable making difficult decisions.
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply