Cummins Inc. a global power leader, is a fortune 500 corporation of complementary business units that design, manufacture, distribute and service engines and related technologies, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions and electrical power generation systems.
By working to coordinate the production, shipment, and delivery of the goods & Customer Service Support required to meet their business needs, Cummins Inc. has been able to more easily meet the demands of their customers.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Regional Sales Manager
Req ID: 180002KP
- Manages customers of large complexity relationships through the sales cycle and executes sales plans to achieve revenue and profitability goals within a large-sized assigned sales territory and/or high complexity market.
- Roles aligned to this GPP may be eligible for a Sales Compensation program.
- Sells highly complex company products and services by developing new prospects and accounts.
- Seeks opportunities to utilize Customer Focus Six Sigma and Customer Support Excellence Tools to concurrently grow the business and increase loyalty
- Assures good communication and coordination between account management, field sales, upstream influencers, sales management, inside sales and sales analysts (as applicable) to attain the goals of the sales strategy and culture, management of customers, sales talent management and sales operations.
- Has the potential to manage sales function personnel excluding field sales and/or account manager positions.
- Assists with the collection of receivables from accounts/customers.
- Achieves revenue and margin targets and ensures customer satisfaction through execution of a sales cycle from lead to sale.
- Develops very complex relationships to generate customer goodwill and loyalty.
- Conducts negotiations according to company guidelines.
- Identifies, researches, and contacts prospective customers and builds positive relationships that will generate future sales and repeat business.
- Responds to highly complex customer concerns about the company and its products and services.
- Oversees very complex projects, programs and business relationships with assigned accounts and/or territory and/or market segment.
- Maintains accurate reporting and forecasting through utilization of Cummins tools and processes (i.e. common sales cycle, Customer Relationship — Management Systems)
Education, Licenses, Certifications:
- University or college degree in the field of Sales or Marketing, or an acceptable combination of education and experience. MBA desirable but not required.
- Significant level of relevant work experience required for this senior position. Experience in field sales and or account management desirable. Significant travel may be required.
- Communication Skills – Verbal communication and presentation skills utilizing telephone and web technologies. Possesses listening and written communication skills. Can use these skills to accomplish required job tasks. Little support is required to apply these skills effectively.
- Focus on Customer Needs – Familiar with key Cummins customers. Awareness and/or knowledge of business strategies, organizational structures, geographic footprints, financial results, internal processes, and primary needs for effective segmentation. Anticipates and takes action to meet customer needs. Continually searches for ways to increase customer satisfaction. Knowledgeable of vital customer information required to make informed business decisions. Able to leverage customer contact to both attain customer-specific information to provide a match between Customer needs and Cummins offerings to maximize sales opportunities. Consistently demonstrates ability to establish rapport, meet commitments, and develop effective working relationships with customers.
- Coach and develop – Accurately evaluates the strengths and development needs of direct reports; determines the appropriate coaching approach to use based on the situation and the needs of the individual; deliberately sets aside time to coach and develop direct reports; assists direct reports in setting high performance goals and preparing quality individual development plans; provides challenging assignments to facilitate individual development; provides each individual with the tools, knowledge and coaching he or she needs to develop; gives honest, timely and constructive feedback to others on their performance; conducts difficult conversations in a timely way with direct reports who are not performing to expectations or do not demonstrate the core values; invests time in coaching key high potentials, high performers and talent critical to the business; develops mentoring relationships with key talent across the organization.
- Sales Cycle – Can develop, manage, measure and coach a lead-to-sale sales cycle appropriate for segment responsible for. Sales Negotiation (3) – Identifies, recognizes, and uses negotiating tactics. Understands and knows how to develop and leverage power in a negotiation. Can coach others on the utilization of negotiating skills. Uses the Customer Market Profitability tools that support customer negotiations. Lead negotiator on major accounts.
- Account Planning – Is able to develop strategies to grow business, formulate marketing plans, identify support needs and measure progress. Understands what strategies need to be put in place to strengthen customer relationships. Uses the Customer Market Profitability tools that support account planning as well as customer loyalty NPS tools and process.
- Product Knowledge – Business-specific knowledge of what Cummins is trying to sell (features, benefits, applications, etc.). Knowledge of products and product lines. Able to represent the features and benefits to sell the products. Able to recognize customer needs and suggest product applications to solve problems and create benefits for the customer. Able to teach others to formulate effective messages and represent the features and benefits of the product.
- Service Knowledge – Knowledge of the organizational structure of the Regional Distribution Organizations (RDOs). Familiarity with the services offered by the distribution channel. This includes whole good sales, part sales and distribution, maintenance and repair services, dealer support, and other areas of revenue generation. Can serve as a subject matter trainer/mentor for new department members.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply