Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo and is No 2 in the World for Guinness. GNPlc has 2 Breweries in Nigeria, with a large National sales force.
A key contributor to the success of the GNPLC strategic plan is an effective Customer Marketing team demonstrating industry leadership- translating trade strategy and brand Game Plans into a world class Commercial plan – winning the visibility war at the point of purchase and meeting both trade and consumer needs.
Job Title: Category Manager Visibility
Type of Job: Full Time
Level: Level 5 (M1)
Reports To: Category Manager Cold &Visibility
- A portion of the brand budget is spent on reward and Point of Sales items and another portion on promo activation.
- A portion of Below-the-line (BTL) budget is spent on Point of sales & reward items.
b) Market Complexity
- Customer marketing (CM) & Marketing ensure Point of Sales Materials (POSM) plans are in line with guidelines.
- Field sales to ensure plans are executed with excellence.
- Consumer planning and research (CP&R) leverage shopper & Category drivers understanding in POSM design & Choices
Purpose of Role
- Deliver Sustainable Competitive advantage for GNPlc by:
- Supporting the definition of the GNPlc. Portfolio Visibility strategy
- Translate the visibility strategy into POSM choices/Provide overall solution of Moment of Choice
- Manage effectiveness of End to end POSM (point of sales material) process; from design choices to in market execution
- POSM budget effectiveness
- Enabling Joint Value creation with customers via GNPlc POSM solutions
- Winning at the MOC (Moment of Choice) via Brilliant POSM execution
- Strategy: Translating the visibility strategy into Portfolio POSM choices and support CP&R on visibility/POSM based research and translating strategies into design and execution
- Design: Work with category managers, marketing and design agency to come out with POSM design solutions for the categories. Incorporate Shopper/consumer/customer insights and category drivers for each category into the design solution.
- Supplier and Production: Work with Procurement as the CM business contact to assess and qualify supplier(s) for the production of POSM items for projects. Forecast volumes for POSM by incorporating categories requirements.
- Delivery and Tracking: Follow up on POSM delivery to destination in line with timing, quantity and quality. Responsible for CM stores POSM inventory/movement to ensure proper management / utilization of POSM, and timely execution
- Category Knowledge Capability
- Insight Based POSM solutions by Channel
- Activity Management
Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required
- Degree level or equivalent with minimum 5yrs commercial experience and good track record in field sales & customer marketing.
- A good understanding of all Diageo Way of Selling Capabilities and tools. Strong capability and able to coach others in Insights, Sales Drivers, Outlet Segmentation and Managing Relationships
- A good understanding and strong capability to coach others on customer marketing fundamentals& BTL process.
- Embody the Diageo Capabilities.
- Activities success rate, Visibility & POSM targets
- POSM hit rate (timing, deployment, turn-around time etc) & budget effectiveness
Barriers to Success in Role
- Being out of touch with trade, shopper/consumer and field Inability to collaborate effectively with the category teams and field sales.
- Inability to generate insights and translate them into specific actions
- Inability to properly identify and mitigate risks
- Flexible Working Options
- Based at HQ in Lagos with minimum of 25% of time in trade.
Apply for this job