Cuso International is an international cooperation and development organization that works to create economic and social opportunities for marginalized groups. Together with our partners, we are focused on efforts to advance gender equality and social inclusion, improve economic resilience, and deliver progress on climate action. We believe that by sharing skills, we can build better futures. Founded in 1961, Cuso International works in Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean, and Canada. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fundraising & Resource Mobilization Advisor
Location: Calabar, Cross River
Department: Community Development & Non-Profit
Start Date: May 2023
Placement Length: 6 Months
The Volunteer’s Role:
- Are you passionate about raising funds to address gender equality and reducing discrimination against women? If so, this could be the role for you!
- We need your Fundraising skills to help our partners in a positive way.
- As a volunteer, you will work closely with the project team for funding strategy development and deployment.
- In addition, you will support the team in responding to calls via proposal writing and developing unsolicited proposals to funders. You will support fundraising ideas and strategies.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Develop a funding strategy and create a portfolio of funders a portfolio of funders
- Work with the program development team to develop three unsolicited proposals
- Work with the program team to develop two fundraising activities/ideas/events
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant areas (Social Sciences, International Development)
- Relevant certificates/diplomas in Resource Mobilization/Fundraising.
- 2-3 years experience in an NGO in a managerial position.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Please note that if you are shortlisted for the placement, you will be required to:
- Provide two Professional References and one Personal Reference
- Complete an oral assessment during your preliminary telephone interview in the language required for your placement
- Obtain a Police Check at our request
- Complete a full medical exam and be medically cleared by the Cuso International Medical Advisor prior to your departure
- Due to the COVID-19 situation, be double vaccinated in accordance with the World Health Organization-approved vaccines.