Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. We serve our customers through 374 offices in 116 countries. We employ 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees and operate 580 container vessels. We market our services through the following brands: Maersk Line, Safmarine, MCC Transport (Intra-Asia), Seago Line (Intra-Europe), Mercosul (Brazil), and SeaLand (From 2015 Intra- Americas).
Maersk Line is part of the Maersk Group, headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark. The Group employs about 88,900 people in around 135 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Customer Service Care Agent
- The Customer Service Care Agent- owns and manages the customer experience of his/her customers.
- Proactively monitors and manages the end-to-end shipment process in compliance with all company procedures.
- Collaborates closely with all internal and external stakeholders, builds relationships with the customers and leverages on understanding customer business drivers for improved and sustained business relationship.
- Be the primary point of contact for assigned CARE customers and act as an advocate for these customers, internally within Maersk line
- Attend to walk-in customers enquiries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Collaborate with Finance team to ensure invoice and payment timeliness and accuracy and avoidance of unjustified cost initiated within and outside functional scope.
- Actively build strong relationships with customers and gain an understanding of their business, service needs, drivers and desires amongst others through regular customer visits.
- Ensure smooth execution of the end-to-end shipment life cycle, by working closely with the customer as well as internal stakeholders.
- Proactively track shipments and notify customers of relevant deviations from the transport plan, including potential solutions or alternatives.
- Be the owner of all customer issues and engage relevant stakeholders as required to facilitate timely and effective solutions and be fully responsible for customer satisfaction of assigned customers.
- Understand claims policy and its impact on company assets and guide customers best possible through any potential claim situation.
- Understand per diem/demurrage implications for containers and its impact on company revenue.
- Commercial intelligence: engage customers in discussions about new business opportunities, business and support expectations and competitors/market intelligence.
Who we are looking for
- Minimum two year experience in shipping related customer services or sales role
- Able to work under pressure
- Well organized, efficient and effective
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proactive and customer-oriented
- Possess ability to make sound decisions with minimal supervision
- Establish and monitor quality standards
Application Closing Date
28th July, 2015.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online