The U.S. Embassy in Abuja is seeking to employ a suitable and qualified candidate for the position of Countering Violent Extremism (CVE) Grant Management Assistant FSN – 09/FP – 05/01 in the Public Affairs Section (PAS).
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: CVE Grant Management Assistant, FSN-09/FP-05/01
Position Grade: FP-05
- Under the supervision of the Public Affairs Officer (PAO), the incumbent vets, administers, manages monitors, closes out, assesses effectiveness of, and generates grant programs funded by CVE (countering violent extremism) monies.
- Target audiences are largely youth and interfaith com munities. She/he conducts grant writing and grant management workshops for potential grantees; tracking CVE funding streams and coordinating with FMO, PAS budget specialist, and program offices in Washington; calling quarterly meetings with donors and other stakeholders to coordinate programming efforts.
Note: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered:
- University Degree in Social Sciences or Liberal arts is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years professional experience in communications, grant management or proposal writing, project and/or event management, or managing large cultural, education, development or information programs is required.
- Level IV (fluent) Speaking/Reading and writing in Hausa Language is required. Level IV (fluent) Speaking/Reading and writing in English Language is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
- Incumbent must have extensive knowledge of host country’s political, economic, and social structures and ministries/federal and state government agencies related to countering violent extremism.
- Thorough knowledge of NGOs, religious, ethnic, and academic communities operating in northern Nigeria relating to CVE and broad knowledge of public diplomacy program, including American Corner programming is required.
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft Office is required.
- When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an overall summary rating of Needs Improvement; or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
OR – Ordinarily Resident – Position Grade FSN-09 N5,711,000 (Starting basic salary) p.a
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
NOR – Non Ordinarily Resident – AEFM – US$50,379 EFM/MOH – U$43,378 (Starting Salary) p.a.
Application Closing Date
18th December, 2014.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- A type written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
- Application for U.S. Federal Employment (DS – 174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS – 174; plus.
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD – 214 with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that directly addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
- Limit all electronic (e – mail) submissions to one entry/e – mail not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
Submit Application to:
Embassy of the United States of America,
Human Resources Office,
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive,
Central District Area,
Or submit to: [email protected]
Click here to read full Job Descriptions