Damco is one of the world’s leading third party logistics providers specialising in customised freight forwarding and supply chain solutions. The company has 11,000+ employees in more than 300 offices around the world and a global presence in about 100 countries. In 2013, Damco had a net turnover of USD 3.2 billion, managed 2.8 million TEU of ocean freight and supply chain management volumes and air freighted more than 225,000 tonnes. Damco is part of the Maersk Group.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Damco Graduate – Business Development Executive
- Are you a result-driven, internationally minded graduate that is ready to be challenged in a high-pace environment? If the answer is yes, and you can see yourself growing in the global logistics and supply chain industry, then keep reading! The Damco International Graduate Programme can be the start of a great career in a truly global organization with boundless opportunities fo International Graduate Programmer the right candidate.
- Damco is part of the A.P. Moller – Maersk Group, a values-driven Fortune, 500 company and worldwide conglomerate, operating in some 130 countries with a workforce of some 120,000 employees.
- As part of the Damco International Graduate Programme, Damco Nigeria is currently hiring talented and highly motivated individuals in the role of Business Development Executive.
- The broad objective of programme is to accelerate your development towards becoming a logistics professional, with the potential for a stellar career within our company.
- As a graduate candidate you will be part of our two year international graduate programme if successful.
- Directly manage and sell to a specific portfolio of customers within the Premier Sales Methodology
- Suggest appropriate target accounts that can be included in his/her Portfolio, which will be ultimately approved by the direct report
- Consistently look for new accounts that can be included into the portfolio but understand the need to have a consistent and focused approach
- As Premier Sales workshops are rolled out and new lanes added ensure to have focus on this lanes and that selected portfolio accounts are geared towards these lanes
- Understand and fully follow and engage in the Premier Sales Methodology
- Act as the single and main contact for all accounts assigned to the portfolio, in respect to commercial activities
- Build and maintain relationships with as many key contacts/decision makers as possible inside customers organization and enhance a long-lasting business partnerships
- Include key DAMCO personnel into the relationship to ensure that relationships run as deep as possible into both organizations
- Understand and translate the local needs of the Customers and share and engage within the DAMCO organization
- Promote DAMCO in the market place
- Be the “voice” of the customer identifying issues and addressing them throughout the organization in a proactive manner
- Must understand CRM and SMART reporting and ensure that they use these tools in accordance to company guidelines
- Must personally update all information into the CRM as required by the company
- Constantly update their own skills and knowledge with the trade lanes in the Premier Sales rollouts
Who we are looking for:
- Recent university graduates with above-average degrees in any stream
- Limited but some work experience (max 2 years professional experience)
- Mature, professional personality with excellent communication skills
- Absolute fluency in English (additional/local languages a plus)
- Natural networker and collaborator
- Global mindset, social and intercultural competency
- Previous international experience is an advantage
- Professional roles from day one
- Participation in four global modules in different parts of the world
- Guided and structured on the job learning
- Opportunity to work on global projects with teams spread across the world
- Learning from experiences of seasoned professionals through buddying
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online