Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HSE Manager, Mines
Fuction/Domain: Health and Safety
Slot: 3 Openings
- To support the Mine Management team to prevent and/or control HSE impacts and risks associated with mine operations.
- Monitor changes in HSE legislation and report these changes to Mines management.
- Manage the HSE Department to ensure appropriate business plans are developed, implemented, measured, reviewed and reported on.
- Provide leadership and technical support to the HSE Department;
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders such as Management team, direct reports, community leaders, environmental department, government officials and DIL’s HSSE department
- Define HSE targets and relevant leading and lagging HSE KPIs and monitor changes in achieving targets.
- Review capital / budgetary requirements for HSE interventions, to meet long term objectives of the Company.
- Provide leadership necessary to ensure that employees and any contractors adhere to DIL’s HSE Policies and Standards.
- Provide support and advisory to Mines Management on HSE related issues.
- Actively contribute to HSE policy and new initiatives and implement change as directed by Mines Director.
- Assist in identifying training needs and provide relevant training interventions.
- Ensure training and coaching is provided to all HSE department employees.
- Mentor line management to enable them to take accountability for HSE issues in their area of responsibility
- Develop and implement HSE audit programs
- Carry out analysis of accident/incident statistics, identifying trends and suggesting improvement plans
- Research and share relevant information with stakeholders on global best practice.
- Contribute to the embedding of a culture of compliance and ethical behavior in Mines/Quarry operations.
- Monitor the effective implementation of appropriate HSE management system procedures and update them in line with changes in regulations and business objectives.
- Monitor compliance reviews, general risk assessments and any other safety assessments
Desired Qualification/Preferred Competencies
- Higher National Diploma (HND) or Bachelor’s Degree in Sciences, Engineering or Environmental related discipline
- Advanced degree is preferred
- 12 years of relevant HSE experience
- HSE experience in Mining/ Construction industries is preferred.
- NEBOSH certification or equivalent.
- Auditor Certified for ISO 45001 or ISO 14001 Standards.
- Member of an internationally recognized HSE Professional body is preferred.Demonstrable experience in the application of HSE management systems.
- Very good working knowledge of applicable HSE legislation, occupational health & safety and environmental hazard identification and risk assessment, occupational health and safety and environmental accident and illness prevention and protection techniques and international standards;
- Sound project Management, negotiation/dispute mitigation and presentation skill.
- Proven experience in the supervision/management of professional and administrative staff.
- Track record in influencing positive organizational change inside organization;
- Strong communication, leadership and mentoring skills
- Excellent use of Microsoft tools (Word, PowerPoint and Excel).Willingness to travel frequently.
- Willingness to work in a remote terrain.
- Successful candidates will be expected to work outside of normal hours for immediate responses to site HSE issues and emergency responses.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 14th March, 2020