Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Security
Location: Obajana, Kogi
Employment Type: Full-time
Department: DCP – Operations
- Manage the physical security of the respective plant’s facilities, assets, installations, and personnel in the assigned location
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop work schedules for Security Officers in assigned plant in line with the approved security plan and program.
- Conduct a physical inspection/ review of the plant to identify potential security incidences.
- Ensure the plant’s facilities, assets, installations, and personnel are secure in compliance with approved security policies and procedures.
- Respond to security requests/ emergency situations and take adequate steps to resolve security issues.
- Oversee and direct the activities of Security Officers to ensure adherence to the defined work schedule.
- Participate in relevant programs at the designated plant to nurture a security-conscious culture among employees.
- Mobilize Security Officers to carry out detailed investigations of security incidents.
- Deal with reports of suspicious or potential risk observations, and escalate to the Plant Director where necessary.
- Coordinate the provision of first-level fire-fighting support in the incidence of fire breakout at the plant.
- Ensure all security occurrences are properly documented and records maintained and reported.
- Provide timely information to the Plant Director for the development and dissemination of security and incident reports.
- Provide justification for the unit’s operating expenses and obtain the required approval.
- Submit periodic activity reports to the Plant Director.
- Liaises with other security agencies to ensure effective support to the company’s operations.
- Articulates the training and logistics needs for the security Department’s optimal functions.
- Forges strong and firm connections between departments by reducing friction.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- Rank of Brigadier General in the Army or equivalent
- 20 years experience in industrial security/Government Intelligence Agencies/Armed Forces.
Skills and Competencies:
- Basic understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations, and legislation relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- A sound understanding of DCP’s security requirements and ability to deploy best-fit systems.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of security systems and law enforcement practices.
- Sound knowledge of physical and security risk management approaches
- Ability to think strategically and holistically
- Very good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to pay adequate attention to detail
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online