The Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified manufacturing conglomerates. The Group continues to grow its vision of becoming the leading provider of essential needs in Food and Shelter in Sub-Saharan Africa with sustained market leadership in Cement Manufacturing, Sugar Milling, Sugar Refining, Packaging Material Production and Salt Refining.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Material Procurement Coordinator
Business: Oil & Gas
Function/Domain: Petroleum Production Engineering
- We are seeking a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized Material/Procurement Coordinator to oversee purchases and develop new contracts.
- In this position, you will follow procurement procedures, maintain an updated list of inventory and incoming purchases and supplies, and be responsible for approving purchases.
- The Material/Procurement Coordinator will be based at either the onshore work site or at the onshore logistics base for offshore projects and report to the Senior Operations Engineer.
- The MPC will be responsible for ensuring that materials and supplies are ordered and delivered when and where it is required by the Site Supervisors.
- The MPC will be responsible for the timely completion of requisitions with proper descriptions of the goods service required with the date required.
- The MPC will be responsible for gathering requisitions from the sites and passing them to the Procurement Manager for purchasing who is then responsible for informing the MPC of placement of orders and overall status.
- The MPC will be the interface between the site and the suppliers that have been given the Purchase Orders according to the Site Requisitions.
- The MPC will track requisition and the placement of orders on a daily basis and publish daily progress reports to ensure all parties are informed of progress made.
- The MPC will assist the Procurement Manager with the transportation and delivery of goods and services and keep all informed of the status of delivery, receipt and onward shipping on a boat if offshore.
- The MPC will be responsible for creating cargo manifests for onward shipping on trucks and boats and informing recipients of their status.
Desired Qualification/Preferred Competencies
- BSc in Engineering (Preferably Petroleum/Mechanical/Electrical etc.) or Masters in SCM. Professional Qualification in Supply Chain Mgt., CIPS, or ISM or IACCM qualifications or IOC equivalent is an advantage.
- Minimum 5- 8 years of experience in tendering different type of contracts for owners (E&P companies) related to high value and complex offshore projects.
Application Closing Date
12th May, 2018.
Job Title: Site Engineer
Business: Oil & Gas
Function/Domain: Constructions (CONS)
- The site engineer will play a vital role in the supervision of the construction and hookup work at both onshore and offshore locations.
- He will offer advice in the planning, coordination, supervision of technical aspects, solving of technical issues and preparing of timely and necessary reports.
- The Site Engineer shall be responsible for supervising construction and hookup work at both onshore and offshore locations.
- The SE will report to the Installation Manager and will be the Company’s representative for all activities that occur at the job location and shall be the arbiter of any and all disputes over specifications, drawings, timesheets, extra work, etc. required for the work.
- The SE will direct and monitor the contractors, subcontractor, and employees in their scheduling, planning, and execution of the work required to fulfill all contractual obligations.
- The SE will be authorized by the Company to verify and sign daily timesheets for workers and equipment and for any extra work and/or personnel required above and beyond the original scope of work.
- The SE will set goals and priorities on a regular basis for the contractors, subcontractors, Company employees, and other site workers reporting to him to ensure that all Company standards and goals are met.
- The SE shall prepare regular reports to management on the progress of the work, problems that occur and suggestions for improvement in any area within his purview.
- The SE will interface with other Company departments and projects to ensure that interferences are minimized and the best and most cost-effective solutions are found to common problems. The SE is an important link between management and the ongoing work.
Desired Qualifications/Preferred Competencies
- An Engineering degree
- Minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in the oil industry
- Experience in handling multiple projects simultaneously including prioritizing, organizing and planning effectively to meet all deadlines.
- Interact and work effectively with other professionals inside the E&P team and with other HQ disciplines.
- Meet up with deadlines matter.
- Demonstrate high level of oral and written skills (English), good listening ability, demonstrate personal initiative and ability to mentor subordinates.
- Constructively accept views and guidance from supervisors and input from subordinates Ability and focus on driving technical and commercial solutions
Application Closing Date
14th May, 2018.