Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Surface Miner Operator / Attendant
Location: Ibese, Ogun
Job ID: Mines-Ibese0010
Category: DCP – Operations
Job type: Full time
- Operate and attend to Surface Miners in mines operations as well as carrying out routine maintenance along with the Surface Miner Maintenance teams.
- Sets up and operates surface miner in a safe manner
- Positions and secures along lines of cut within the limestone body
- Selects grinding wheel, grinding speeds, and feed rates for each operation according to knowledge of metal properties and abrasives, and mounts.
- Observe a safe distance between the machine and other hauling equipment while maneuvering the surface miner for a fresh line of cut
- Turns valve handle and direct flow of coolant against the cutting bits of the drums.
- Verifies dimensions of ground workpiece for conformance to Mines specifications.
- Respond to troubleshoot indicators in the machine.
- Report major breakdowns to Shift supervisor/Engineer/Managers on duty
- Paticipate in tool box talks and safety induction
- Paticipate in routine maintenance work with the maintenance team
- ND Mechanical / Electrical Engineering
- TRADE TEST I-III
- Good communication skill
- Ability to work under pressure
- A good Team Player and ability to learn
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified.