Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income generating activities, and wide range of other assistance.
It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Coordinator/ Procurement
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract type: Expatriate contract
Overall Purpose of the Role
- The Supply Chain Coordinator (SCC) will, in close corporation with the Head of Support Services (HoSS), strengthen the internal procedures for Procurement and manage all ITB that are raised in the Country Programme. SCC will maintain the County Procurement Plan and secure that Budget holders are submitting inputs.
- Secure that all procurements for the Nigeria Country Programme is submitted correctly and in line with the Programs demands.
- Secure that all National Procurement staff and Budget holders are following the DRC Procurement procedures.
- Ensuring that all procurement processes are in line with DRC Operations Handbook
- Ensure that all procurement specifics, DRC/donors’ rules and policies are followed
- Ensure DRC supplier due diligence process is effective in the relevant context.
- Develop and maintain diverse supplier database relevant to the context.
- In collaboration with HoSS, develop a procurement SOP for Nigeria Program.
- Arrange workshops for the Procurement Teams in the new ERP toolkit
- Develop and implement a strong filing system for all procurement files.
- Secure that all Tenders are submitted to relevant stakeholders within the deadlines
- Manage the procurement tracker and share it with the relevant stakeholders on regular basis
- Oversight of all purchase and service contract to ensure DRC’s interests are protected
- Optimize all logistics operations to increase cost effectiveness including setting up longer term supply contracts and Frame Agreements
- To be successful in this role we expect you to be ready to take up multiple demanding tasks at the same time while continuously keeping eye for details and compliance in all domains. We also expect that you should be ready to travel a min of 50% of your work time.
You are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, organization, administration or the like
- Minimum 3-5 years of working experience in a similar position
- Stable, moral and robust character and a good team-player
- Excellent communication skills, calm and a good sense of humour
- Proven commitment to accountability practices.
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Management and/or supervisory experience with an INGO / UN agencies
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Previous work experience with DRC
- Understanding of local west African context
- IT Knowledge.
- Contract length: 12 months with possibility of extension, subject to funding and Performance. Salary and other conditions are offered in accordance with DRC’s Terms of Employment for expatriate staff. This position is under Employment band N.MG level 1
- Duty Station: Maiduguri, Non family, Unaccompanied Position
- Start date: 1st December 2019
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies. For questions regarding the vacancy please contact Abdirizak Good ([email protected]).
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV (no longer than four pages) and cover letter in English through the online application.
- Applications sent by email will not be considered.
- If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact our job support at drc.ngo/jobsupport.
- For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo
Application Deadline: 30th September, 2019