Dayntee Farms was incorporated with the aim of producing high quality poultry products and services to meet the nation’s growing demand. The company is dedicated to providing poultry products of the highest quality while also creating wealth and employment opportunities for its staff and the community. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Maintenance Manager
Location: Offa, Kwara
Employment Type: Full-time
Reporting to: Chief Operating Officer/Divisional Heads
- To coordinate all maintenance functions including systems, process, procedures, utilities & infrastructures that support corporate strategic goals, policies and standards through proactive planning and cost-effective actions and programs.
- Lead and coordinate the maintenance team and activities by:
- Analyzing equipment needs, reliability issues, developing preventive/predictive maintenance programs
- Driving the team capabilities to achieve the maintenance targets through structured problem solving, improvement interventions etc
- Planning and oversee all repair and installation activities
- Coaching, mentoring, training and developing the maintenance team to improve their overall technical capabilities in meeting current and future business requirements
- Ensuring the team is trained & complied with:
- EHS standards on all the jobs, tas execution & processes.
- Correct codes of practice, both statutory and advisory.
- Reviewing maintenance performance through daily, weekly & monthly meetings with team members & relevant stake holders
- Carrying out inspections of the facilities to identify and resolve issues, maintaining a calendar covering all the statutory inspections for the Plant, facilities and equipment o ensuring compliance to all personnel policies, records and systems such as attendance, off-duty, etc
- Set up & implement Preventive Maintenance programme for operations of the company ensuring its effectiveness through adherence checks against schedule to maximize equipment and machines availability and functionality
- Ensure breakdowns are duly attended to & RCA/CAPA is carried out to prevent reoccurrence
- Promote innovation and problem-solving mindset within the team to improve systems, process and equipment reliability, utilization, efficiency & safety & making plans for implementation
- Ensure an effective Engineering spare management through Safety stock reviews & proactive ordering on time – Keep record of daily, weekly and monthly maintenance activities and ensure update of maintenance logs by assignees for documentation and periodic reporting.
- Partake in supervision of contracted works relating to Maintenance (i.e. renovations, remodeling and new construction) to ensure cost effectiveness and quality service.
- Carry out review of Repair & maintenance expenses on ongoing basis & devising strategies to manage the actual costs against the allotted budget.
- Minimise downtime by keeping all equipment and machines in good condition, providing day-to-day maintenance and ensuring all services & upgrades are performed with the least disruption.
- Carry out other related duties that may be assigned from time to time in attainment of the strategic goals by Management.
Key Performance Indicators
- EBIDTA Margin of the company
- Saving on budgeted maintenance cost
- Saving on budgeted energy cost
Skills Competencies and Requirements
Educational Qualifications / Experience:
- Minimum of B.Sc / HND in Engineering, Facility Management or related field.
- 2. 5 years experience with 2 years in similar role or leadership position
Functional Competencies / Requirements:
- Solid understanding of the technical aspects of R&A, electrical, plumbing, heat and power generating systems, machines and equipment, etc.
- In depth knowledge of trouble shooting, general maintenance practices & processes.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and management software.
- Good business acumen Desired Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills
- Good interpersonal, people management skills and negotiating skills
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Good analytic, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Proactiveness, self-motivation and good result orientation
- Innovativeness, ability to take initiative and multitask
- Good Integrity, strong ethics and reliability skills
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
10th April, 2023.