Dayntee Farms was incorporated with the aim of producing high quality poultry products and services to meet the nation’s growing demand. The company is dedicated to providing poultry products of the highest quality while also creating wealth and employment opportunities for its staff and the community. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Farm Operation Officer (Breeder Operations)
Location: Offa, Kwara
Employment Type: Full-time
Reporting to: Site Lead/Breeder Manager
- Achieve set production targets that is compliant with the corporate biosecurity and reporting standards using assigned human and material resources in the most cost-efficient manner.
- Ensure good management of flocks assigned to you following the breed manual and approved SOPs, liaising with your direct report for optimum deployment of available resources.
- Raise daily requisitions of feed and other inputs required for management of assigned flock from preplacement to culling and submit to your direct report for approval.
- Develop workplan and drive task to accomplishment on day-to-day basis.
- Support in supervision of farm operatives to ensure:
- Proper management of flocks under your section.
- Adherence to existent biosecurity standards and improving on it
- Proper maintenance of farm equipment and facilities under your section.
- Adequate record keeping.
- Provide innovative ideas that can facilitate achievement of the operational business objectives.
- Support in on the job training of farm attendants and other assignees on approved management practices which guarantees result
- Supervise drugs and vaccines administration on assigned flocks following recommended dosage or as otherwise directed by the unit manager.
- Ensure timely reporting of observed abnormality of the flock, fault or inefficiency of any facilities in your area of assignment to your direct report for charting of corrective action.
- Keep accurate record of flock population and day-to-day management, submit daily activity report in line with given format as well as production report of every batch managed not later than 24hours after completion of culling to your direct report.
- Carry-out other functions that may be assigned to you by your direct report or farm manager from timeto-time in attainment of the department goals
- Internal Relationships External Relationships Finance & Account, Internal Audit, Procurement, Hatchery External Auditors
Key Performance Indicators:
- Level 3 rating in technical skills at the end of probationary period
- Satisfactory rating in Leadership and people management
- 5% Henday production at week 25
- Achieve 70% of production parameters for rearing (5% mortality, 100% of Target weight and 85% uniformity)
- Satisfactory rating in problem solving skill
- Satisfactory rating in staff management
- Satisfactory rating in stress tolerance (i.e. makes minor mistakes in difficult situations; provides results) good quality when work is intense).
Skills, Competencies and Requirements
Educational Qualifications / Experience:
- Minimum of University Degree or HND in Animal Science, Veterinary Medicine, Animal Production and Health or Agricultural Science.
- 1 – 2 years working experience in the poultry industry
Functional Competencies / Requirements:
- Good knowledge of Poultry Science and Health management such as flock health, breeder flock and quality management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Competencies Requirements & Desired Personal Attributes:
- Good oral and written communication skill
- Good interpersonal relation skill
- Ability to take initiative
- Proactiveness and ability to work under pressure.
- Leadership and team management skill.
- Time and priority management.
- Record keeping skill.
- Salary: N585,541 – N751,521 Per annum with incentive-based pay of N 180,000 to 240,000 per annum Fringe benefits include pension in consonance with the Contributory Pension Scheme, Group Life Insurance and medical/health insurance
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
5th April, 2023.