Decision Fronteira Limited – Our client, a leading investment banking group (capital market firm) situated in Marina – Lagos, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Recruitment Officer
- The head of investment research will lead the conduct of research in the group.
- Research conducted at the group are typically aimed at understanding macroeconomic developments as they happen and improving the company’s forecasts of growth, inflation, labour markets, and central bank policy. This also includes client-focused studies, (analysis, forecasts and valuations) in the stocks, fixed income, and currency, real-estate and commodities markets.
- The head of investment research is therefore expected to continually search for game-changing insights and consequently mine data that will create the competitive advantage for the group.
- As the leader of our research team, he shall constantly identify and analyze financial information, strategic issues and trends that affect companies, industries and markets in Nigeria and on a regional and global scale.
The head of investment research is expected to carry out the following responsibilities on a day-to-day basis:
- Develop macroeconomic reports covering analyses and forecast of real output growth, inflation, labour markets, and central bank policy on a monthly basis. This shall also include client-focused studies, (analysis, forecasts and valuations) in the stocks, fixed income, and currency, real-estate and commodities markets.
- Execute research and develop elaborate reports on key sectors and industries identified as high-potential candidates for value creation. This shall include the analysis and communication of key long-term drivers, competitive dynamics and company specific strategies.
- Develop, monitor and maintain robust financial models and industry databases ensuring correct and up-to-date information for research reports.
- Participate in portfolio meetings and help strengthen the investment process.
- Developing plans to expand the breadth and depth of touch points with the firm’s public company coverage, leading private companies, and our institutional investor clients
- Review business/trade publications, annual reports, financial filings and other sources to gather/synthesize/interpret data on companies.
- Maintain and update financial and valuation models on companies.
- Perform investment research necessary for the formulation and development of fundamental equity, fixed-income and real estate investment strategies and reports
- Develop and back-test macroeconomic forecasting models
- Researching and developing global macro themes and views published in flagship and ad-hoc publications, with the long-term vision of being able to drive the process of developing and producing original research and trade ideas.
- Develop company forecasts and perform scenario analysis.
- Make investment recommendations based on written investment thesis and earnings and cash flow models.
The ideal candidate should have:
- MBA or Master’s degree in Finance, Economics or a related field and a minimum of 5 years’ experience either as a financial analyst or research analyst in an investment banking / capital market environment. Candidates with CFA will have advantages.
- Proven ability to work independently on information-gathering, coding, data analysis, as well as excellent written and verbal skills
- Experience with both macroeconomic time series and cross-sectional or microeconomic data is a plus
- Experience utilizing investment related analytical tools such as Bloomberg, FactSet, BARRA, or Thomson-Reuters preferred.
- Substantial training and experience in statistics, econometrics, and/or machine learning. Expert use of at least one statistical package is an added advantage.
- Demonstrable super-excellence in financial modelling with MS-excel is a MUST.
- Ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 4th May, 2018.