DEDA Hospital is a leading Nigerian healthcare provision facility with a history of successful health outcomes for our clients. Started Operations in 2012, DeDa hospital is home to an array of experienced healthcare providers and administrators from across the world with a dedication to delivering optimal healthcare service, especially to women, children and families. For over 6 years, DeDa hospital has provided Abuja, Nigeria and the International world with high quality, compassionate healthcare. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nursing Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- As a nurse, to provide quality care to neonates and identifies changes in a neonate’s signs and symptoms, and intervenes in emergency situations.
- Provide support and assistance to new mothers including feeding advice and assistance with general parent crafting.
- Be available for an “on-call” roster as required to provide escort for midwifery patients requiring transfer or assistance if more than one patient in Delivery Suite.
- Provide quality nursing care that includes assessment, planning, and evaluation of care.
- Performs physical examinations, such as measuring vitals, taking blood and urine samples, and ordering diagnostic tests
- Assist the surgeon and anesthetist during the operation, anticipating their needs in order to facilitate their job
- Organize patient transportation from the Operating Theatre to the recovery room and carry out and/or supervise all the postoperative activities.
- Direct participation in surgical procedures;
- Assistance in clinical research and record keeping as required by the organization
- Assess patients condition before surgery
- Control all equipment and material stock used in the Operating Theatre to ensure efficient and rational use of material resources
- Keep the operating room sterilized
- Position the patient on the operating table
- Pass medical instruments to the surgeons during operation
- Demonstrate competency in professional and clinical skills.
- Ensure appropriate documentation and discharge planning for patients as required.
- To effectively and efficiently use ward equipment and supplies.
- To communicate effectively with patients, nursing colleagues and all members of the healthcare team
- Liaise with medical, allied health and other nursing staff to ensure continuity of patient care.
- Maintain interest and understanding of current trends in nursing and in the healthcare industry.
- Demonstrate a professional approach in regard to timekeeping, appearance and behaviour.
- Excellence in customer service, facilitating relations with patients, extended families, friends and the broader community.
- Practices in accordance with the Deda Hospital’s Vision, Values, and Core Objectives.
- Interested candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree / HND qualification
- Minimum 3 years post-graduation experience as a Registered Nurse / Registered Midwife.
- Evidence of practical experience with Neonates.
- Knowledge of current issues, trends, and research in acute services and maternity services and early years
- Fluency in the Hausa Language will be an added advantage.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using “RN / RM” as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 16th July, 2021.