Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL), is a resource and solution management company that specializes in assisting international/Local companies in identifying Potential market opportunities, assisting with permits, sourcing highly skilled employees, bidding on and negotiating contracts and navigating the often complex political and policy environment of many sub Saharan African countries.
We are recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: QC Supervisor
Job Type: Contract
Category: Oil & Gas
- The QAQC Supervisor will be responsible for ensuring and enforcing the Quality implementation on the Nigeria
- Content fabrication in Yards. She/he will report on daily basis to client FPSO Package Quality Superintendent.
The SERVICE holder is responsible for:
QC Activities General:
- Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in inspecting incoming materials,in process construction components, and finished module to ensure adherence to company quality standards and customer specifications.
- Supervises the quality
- Allocates Quality Control personnel to the various areas of site activity.
- Supervises inspections, reports and the documentation issued by inspectors and collect and file the required Quality Records.
- Evaluates the qualifications of welders and Non Destructive Test-NDT technicians with regard to the activities assigned.
- Evaluates the qualifications of inspection personnel.
- Ensures the correct application of Quality Control phase.
- Takes case of reporting on his duty to Project Superintendent (PS).
- Arranges in coordination with PS and site personnel procedures, manuals and reports.
- Be sure that all sites activities are carried out according to reference documentation.
- Cooperates in Event Report Management and for all the implementation of relative corrective actions.
- Systematically record the nonconformity or event reports issued and identify appropriate corrective actions.
- Manages collaboration of measurement instruments and related certifications.
- Distributes Quality Plan on Site.
- Informs the Project Quality Engineer of any deviation regarding the contract.
- Checks the completeness and conformity to specified applicable requirements, standards and/or directives.
- Ensures that the tests, controls and inspections are carried out and that personnel have access to all required project documentation.
- Makes site personnel aware of and trainee them on quality topics.
- Ensures, when ever necessary, the update of site quality control plans/control procedures.
- Ensure proper control/trace ability on free issue and purchased materials and that they conform to required specification.
- Ensure Contractors’ control and adherence to specification, codes, standards and statutory requirements
- Update internal Database with all information (Corrective Action Requests, Nonconformities and Deviations/ Derogations etc) and prepare statistic analysis.
- High standard of verbal and written communications, including: report writing, presentations, diplomacy and assertiveness.
- Be fully conversant with Welding Processes, Welders qualifications, Materials identification, NDE Techniques and with Manufacturing/construction activities and Painting/Coating/Fireproofing process.
- Able to follow up pWPS, PQR and WPS, WQT and WPQT, painting/coating qualification.
- Knowledgeable in the various applications of welding, painting, pressure vessel codes and standards and Can direct people
- Strategic thinking-Decision Making-Listening and reception. Problem Solving Spirit of Enterprise- Relations management. Flexibility-Excellence orientation.
- Innovation-Change management. Planning target control-Communication. Experience with latest inspection and monitoring methods.
- Good working knowledge of AWS, BGAS/ CSWIP, ANSI, NACE, API Codes, metallurgy, welding engineering, NDT Used In FPSO design and construction.
- Knowledge on general specification and BV rules are an advantage
- Graduate Bachelors Degree (B.Sc) or equivalent in Engineering disciplines relevant to Oil & Gas and Construction Engineering activities.
- Professional Experience (number of years): 10 years of relevant construction experience in Oil and Gas Production Projects.
- Administrative skill including proficiency in typical office application Words, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
- Fluent in English and able to communicate at all level within the Company. Good planning capacity, presentation, negotiation and organizational skills.
Job Title: Field Joint Coating Supervisor
Job Type: Contract
Category: Oil & Gas
- The Offshore FJC supervisor is responsible for all Offshore FJC activities during his shift and is directly accountable for the correct application and quality of the field joints.
As the specialist in Coating and Field joint coating process, on board the UFR CTR flow lines laying vessel the Coating Interpreter shall:
- Make sure that applicable coating and FJC documentations are approved and accessible on board,
- Make sure that all Raw Materials certificates are in line with project specifications requirements and available in case of needed
- Make sure that all Raw Materials are stored and monitored as per approved project specifications
- Make sure that factory parent coating cut back areas are well prepared and fit-up are acceptable as per specifications.
- Make sure that Raw materials and equipments used for FJC process are same or similar to the one used for the qualification process.
- Ensure that all factory pipelines coatings and previous FJC coatings are well inspected by CONTRACTOR and all coating damages are repaired prior pipelines installations.
- Supervise all FJC processing and make sure it is done according to good workmanship and in safety manner.
- See all the FJC done during his shift, make his own interpretation of the results and agree with CONTRACTOR representative about the status to be given on the joint. In the absence of TPA on-board the vessel, the FJC Supervisor will act as the highest technical authority on board to validate FJC interpretation.
- Inform the COMPANY Main Representative about all shortcomings, problems and/or major defects detected in the fabrication.
- Ensure that the traceability of FJC results is well maintained onboard through appropriate QC records. Collect the inspection reports carried out during its shift and file them properly on board available for the CY main representative.
During the mobilisation phase, he/she shall be able to judge the capability and skilfulness of applicators in order to support the following:
- Inspection and expertise of any Coating repair on Factory coating and previous FJC carried out as per specifications:
- Post-graduate, Technician in polymers materials
- FROSIO qualification at least level III – preferably – or NACE level III peer review
- Fully conversant with ISO, ASTM and others international Standards
- Having a solid experience in Coating and FJC process especially for the wet insulation coating 5LPP, IMPU processes.
- Fluent in English (verbal and written).
- BOSIET certificate
Job Title: Security Coordinator
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Contract
Department: Category Oil & Gas
- Promotes and support project approved documentations including HSSEQ policies, plans, and procedures
- Conduct security survey, assessment, audits and inspection of company and contractors facilities, issue reports and ensure follow-up to close-out outstanding security actions
- Act as observer for scheduled security drills and exercise at project sites and ensure feed backs are documented in the drill report with a timeline for close-out.
- Collate intelligence and provide technical support to Logistics operations in LOS and PHC area in order to improve the security protection of personnel and assets on transit.
- Maintain adequate contacts with key project personnel in LOS/PHC and Onne areas and liaise with the company site reps to improve the site security.
- Facilitate full implementation of the International Ship and Port facility Security Code(ISPS Code) at SHI – MCI Yard and on board FPSO.
- Evaluate security risks that may under mine safe operation of assets/personnel in OML 130 with a view to support quality security advisory to the OIM / RSES on site.
- Review Contractor Security Management Plans and facilitate the development of security bridging documents where security responsibilities of the company and contractor are clearly defined.
- Ensure adequate support from Security organisation to client project especially for the effective implement of Anti Piracy protection measures for client FPSO and other working vessels (Drilling Rig, Installation supply vessels, etc…)on site including the security protection of vessels on transits between client’s Fields, along Bonny River and onshore locations (e.g.FLT Onne).
- Facilitate firm access control measures, effective security screening and induction of project personnel on site including measures to curtail offshore prohibited items on site.
- Provide briefing on security risk to enlighten and/or alert project personnel on ways to avoid potential threats in the environment and organize periodic security awareness sessions for all personnel
- Ensure timely reporting of incidents/anomaly and conduct a detailed investigation with appropriate recommendations to forestall re-occurence.
- Facilitate compliance to applicable Rules of Engagement (ROE)and the Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights (VPSHR) and carryout any other duties/tasks that may be assigned by the Hierarchy from time to time.
- Encourage culture of HSE among team members by prompt anomaly reporting and closeout.
- Maintain continuous awareness of hazards and surroundings and propose ways of improvement.
- Ensure high level of EPOB compliance for the security team
- Comply with office security, health and safety rules, instructions and procedures.
- Take care of colleagues’ safety and behaviour without hesitating to intervene decisively Agreement
- Recognised Bachelor’s degree (B.Sc/BA) or equivalent in relevant discipline
- Previous experience in maritime security and Oil and Gas Industry Projects in Nigeria
- Good knowledge of the working environments in LOS/PHC/Onne and Offshore Nigeria
- Adequate computer skills and proficiency in MS Office suite
- Good team spirit, independent, diligent, proactive and goal achiever.
- Strong organizational with written and oral communication skills
- Specialist in the application of the ISPS Code
- Certified Port Facility Security Officer(PFSO) with cognate experience
- Retired Naval Officer with 10 years service/operational experience is desirable
- Military/Police background is preferred
Job Title: Installation Leader
Job Type: Contract – Sourcing
Category: Oil & Gas
The Installation Leader, who provides assistance and reports to the Installation Manager, is directly responsible for providing technical insights to all installation engineering procedures and installation operations and pre-commissioning procedures associated with the scope of work and make sure the tasks are carried out with full respect to HSE, quality and schedule in full compliance to particular technical requirements and schedule defined in the EPCI contract. This means:
- As par of the offshore operations, supervising, supporting offshore activities while maintaining a 24/7 contact with offshore Company representatives.
- As part of the completion of the Installation Engineering, reviewing minutely the technical documentation submitted by to COMPANY and, based on his own experience, appraising installation engineering/procedures as well as, on request, attending installation tests/trials either organised by or by other packages and, when needed, participating in inspection and vetting activities of marine vessels.
To this objective, the Installation Leader will be in charge of:
- Assisting the offshore representatives on the vessels in their understanding of the vessels tasks, planning and safety as well as organizing appropriate meetings offshore when needed.
- Following installation tasks and making sure the installation procedures are duly enforced by Contractor during the course of the installation.
- Reporting to the Installation manager about all technical issues that require to be specifically addressed in documentation review or during installation and mobilization progress meetings.
- When instructed, supervising related offshore construction activities; including pre-commissioning activities and preparing associated reporting to his Hierarchy.
- Supervising Contractor’s preparations of the offshore campaign in close liaison with the Installation Manager and the HSE Leader.
- Alerting about the need for marine spread inspection and, when asked, assisting those inspections to appraise marine spread upgrade plans whenever identified as required.
- Liaising as necessary with third part authorities and MWS about specific vessels mobilizations and inspections
- Liaising with any on shore discipline engineer concerned by the technical issues raised during installation preparation.
- Preparing technical documentation for interface with FPSO, OLT&SPS contractors to make sure that technical issues are correctly identified by all parties,
- Supplying verified information to the reporting system that allows full tracking of installation events either to be used
- Graduate degree in a relevant Engineering discipline with MSc or equivalent, specialized in Marine Construction/Civil Engineering.
- Sound background in Oil and Gas installations, marine operations and offshore construction.
- Minimum 10 years experience in Design and Installation of Subsea/Deepwater Steel Structures or previous exposure to EPCI projects.
- Good knowledge of international structural design codes/standards and general specifications.
- Good organizational skills
- Experience in leadership and team management
- Ability to prioritize activities, identify critical aspects, propose solutions, lead specialists or third parties, summarize and present complex design issues including transverse and interfaces matters.
- Fluent in English (verbal and written).
- BOSIET certificate
Application Deadline: 25th December, 2016.