Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company – we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Systems Engineer on our Server and Networking team in Lagos, Ghana. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Systems Engineer – DPS
Job ID: R39219
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Family: Engineering
- If you are passionate about technology and eager to develop a career in technology sales, Dell is the place to be. Within our Data Protection Business Unit, we are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to work as part of a team based in Lagos, Nigeria.
- With more than 100,000 team members globally, Dell promotes an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. As we continue to grow our business in EMEA we are looking for sales people with a proven track record who are passionate about technology. You will be joining a collaborative and energetic team that welcomes creativity and different perspectives. In return Dell offers the training, development and support for you to develop your career and fulfil your ambitions and potential.
- Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
- Provides technical expertise in support of pre-sales activities in the assigned market. Assists in the analysis, design and development of fully integrated technology solutions. Technical emphasis is on hardware capabilities, software requirements and systems integration. May assist in the development of responses to customer requests and proposals as required. Applicable markets: Enterprise, Commercial, Partner, Specialist/Practice.
- Owns and Executes technical sales calls. Owns RFP responses, proposals, services PSOWs and tender response packs fully.
- Qualifies sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision making process and funding.
- Performs a support role in District Sales and Services Leadership meetings.
- Presents and markets the design and value of proposed Dell Technologies DPS solution and business case to customers, prospects and Dell Technologies management.
- Possesses detailed product/technology/industry knowledge. Knowledge of job associated data protection software and applications. EMC Proven Professional Certification desired.
- Leads pre-sales activities for assigned customer base/territory with minimal supervision. Assists the Sales Team to develop and implement specific account penetration strategies, produce account specific pre-sales solution designs and services estimates.
- Possesses and leverages knowledge of competitive data protection solutions (especially software) to effectively address and dispel customer objections to Dell Technologies solutions, and train the account team.
- 5 to 8 years of pre-sales experience in the Backup and DR industry. Ability to own and execute Proof of Concepts on available Dell Technologies virtual labs, or at customer premises.
- Specialized Knowledge in one or more of the following DPS Products: Dell Technologies Data Protection Suite, Data Domain, Disk Library for Mainframe (DLM), eCDM, etc. Specialized Knowledge in one or more of the following Backup and DR applications: Netbackup, Veeam, Spectrum Protect, CommVault, Rubrik, Cohesity, etc
- Focused on supporting customer initiatives in the data protection (Backup, recovery, archiving) and DR solution space
- Knowledge of Ethernet, TCP/IP, Fibre Channel, ATM, FCoE architecture, VTL, NDMP, CIFS, NFS storage protocols, converged/hyperconverged solutions
- Knowledge of VMWare use cases and productivity applications and UNIX and/or Linux knowledge including system administration, network administration, debugging and troubleshooting is desirable
- Knowledge of technical offerings of cloud providers such as Azure, AWS, VMC, Virtustream, Google Cloud etc. In-depth knowledge of technologies such as HyperV and AHV are a plus.
- Can present on the product and deliver the value proposition. Technical concepts needed to understand value/benefit of product
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities – all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
- All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
- Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.