Delta State Polytechnic, Ogwashi-Uku invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Polytechnic Librarian
- By virtue of the Delta State Polytechnic, Ogwashi-Uku Law 2002, the Librarian is a Principal Officer responsible to the Rector for the library services of the Polytechnic.
- Applicants for the post of Polytechnic librarian must be candidates with vision, proven professional distinction, managerial ability, integrity and transparency in private and public life, who should be able to provide the Management and Council of the Polytechnic with appropriate advice on the administration of the Polytechnic library and coordination of library services in the teaching units of the Polytechnic.
Qualifications and Experience
- The candidate must possess a minimum of MLS with 15 years cognate experience. In addition, candidate should have experience in tertiary institution and must also be extensively computer-literate.
- Possession of working knowledge in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) would be an added advantage. The candidate should not be more than fifty-five (55) years old at the point of appointment. Also candidates that have put in thirty-one (31) years and above in service need not apply.
Conditions of Service
- The successful candidate shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years only (single tenure) on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment. The remuneration is as applicable to the post of a Polytechnic Librarian in Delta State.
- Candidates who do not have the required five (5) years for a full term before retirement need not apply.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twenty-five (25) copies of their Applications and Curriculum Vitae (CV) which will include the following information:
- Full Name(surname first)
- Date and Place of birth
- Marital status
- Number and ages of children
- State of Origin
- Local Government Area of Origin
- Current postal/contact addresses (with phone number(s) and e-mail address)
- Permanent Home address
- Institutions attended with dates
- Educational qualifications with dates
- Professional qualifications with dates
- Membership of professional bodies
- Distinctions and awards with dates
- Statement of work experience including full details of former and present posts
- Academic related services to the nation and the Tertiary Institutions
- Important academic conferences/workshops/courses attended with dates
- Publications (books, monographs and published articles)
- Technical reports
- Details of previous and present appointments
- Extra-curricular activities
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees (two of whom must be in candidate’s field of study).
Each candidate must have three (3) referees who should be requested by the applicant to forward their referee’s report under confidential cover by courier service directly to the Rector as stated in the address below.
Applications should be submitted by Courier Services under confidential cover in sealed envelope (s) marked “Post of Librarian” to:
Delta State Polytechnic
Delta State, Nigeria.
Application Deadline 8th July, 2019.
Note: Only the applications of shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged, please.