WorleyParsons has had a presence in Africa since the 1970’s when Parsons E&C established their offices in Cairo, Egypt. Since that time the company has continued to spread across the continent and in 2003 a joint venture was established in Lagos, Nigeria to form DeltaAfrik Engineering Limited. Over the past five years, WorleyParsons has executed more than 100 projects in over 15 countries. In 2003 a joint venture was established in Lagos, Nigeria to form DeltaAfrik Engineering Ltd. Worley Parsons has the skills and technologies to address all challenges, from small brownfield services contracts to mega greenfield projects. Our service capability covers the entire asset lifecycle: from identifying the opportunity to the operating phase.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pipelines Engineer
Ref No: LAG003O
Job: Onshore Pipelines
Employment Type: Staff
Job Level: Experienced
Reporting Manager Title: Engineering Manager
Duration of Contract: 12 Months
- Plans, schedules and supervises pipeline designs.
- Reviews company and Projects General Specifications, Engineering Procedures and Policies.
- Review scope of work and budgets, and be able to make use of progress reporting system that will be instituted for the project.
- Verify (at site) of existing facilities and existing drawings and documents required to be used as input data for completing all pipeline designs involved in the project.
- Establish Pipeline design basis.
- Interface with company Operations group during design development.
- Review and be able to develop pipeline design deliverables, including:
- Front end and detailed pipeline design calculations and weights.
- Preliminary and detailed analysis of pipeline routing.
- Route profile generation, platform and offshore approach.
- Layout requirement for horizontal directionally drilled (HDD) shore crossing.
- Pipeline alignment sheet and pipeline final routing report.
- Pipeline wall thickness design and report
- Pipeline stability design detailed report including calculations.
- Perform riser stress and fatigue analysis respectively
- Perform Road crossing designs
- Concrete coating designs
- Technical Data sheets.
- Pipeline Specifications
- Perform anti-corrosion coatings and cathodic protection design, with typical anodes drawing and table of dimension for each pipeline.
- Interface with other discipline engineers during design development and subsequent review of engineering deliverables through inter-disciplinary squad checks.
- Assist project engineer in resolution of engineering issues.
- Participate in Risk Assessment, HAZOP and Construct-ability reviews.
- Support the project engineer in developing project documents such as ITT packages, Project Design Specifications, etc.
- When required, serve as single-point contact with Nigerian engineering contractor(s) or vendors to coordinate interface on behalf of COMPANY discipline engineer.
- Assist in Pipeline Procurement Support Services (Engineering Requisitions, Technical Bid Evaluations and Vendor documents reviews), etc.
Experience and Qualifications
- University or college graduate in Mechanical or Civil/ Structural Engineering. Masters degree in relevant discipline shall be considered an added qualification.
- More than 12 years experience in Offshore and Onshore Oil and Gas Field.
- Proficiency in the use of general computer software’s such as MS Office, Mathcad, AGA, AutoPIPE etc.
Special Job Requirements:
- Offshore experience & man-hour estimation skills are required and knowledge of finite element analysis is an advantage.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 20th July, 2017.