DEME is a global solutions provider in a challenging and rapidly changing world. Our expertise and vast experience has been deployed over the centuries for dredging, environmental and marine engineering business solutions such as: port construction and improving maritime access worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: QHSE-S Manager
As a QHSE-S Manager you:
- Have overall responsibility of all QHSE-S aspects of our activities and operations in Nigeria.
- Are responsible for the implementation, maintaining and continual improvement of company’s IMS (integrated management system) and VMS (vessel management system).
- Are responsible for the interfacing with all relevant local HSE authorities.
- Are responsible for the follow-up of all security aspects related to company’s activities.
- Are responsible for ensuring the effective achievement of QHSE-S department’s objectives and subsequent KPI’s.
- Will recruit, plan, motivate and regularly assess QHSE-S staff.
- Will manage QHSE-S compliance (legal and client requirements) and implement industry best practices.
- Are responsible for the auditing of corporate processes and operational projects.
- Are responsible for the management of HSE risk process.
- Are responsible for the incident/accident management.
- Are responsible for the management of environmental aspects and impacts.
- Are responsible for the implementation of behavior based safety culture.
- Are responsible for the set-up and implementation of QHSE-S training program.
- Are responsible for the pro-active QHSE-S support during tender process.
- Are responsible for the management of QHSE-S process for subcontractor, suppliers and service providers.
As a QHSE-S Manager you:
- Have a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Industrial Engineering.
- Have a minimum of 10 years of QHSE-S experience in an industrial or civil contractor’s environment, preferably within marine, oil and gas or mining activities.
- Are equally experienced and competent in the 3 pillars of the QHSE-S process (Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality).
- Have proven work experience both on construction projects and on corporate managerial level.
- Have strong background in integrated management systems (set-up and implementation).
- Have thorough knowledge of relevant standards (ISO 9001 – ISO 14001 – OHSAS 18001 – ISO 31000…).
- Have proven auditing experience.
- Are an effective and efficient communicator.
- Are a dynamic, motivating and goal-driven leader with strong inter-personal/people management and coaching/mentoring skills.
- Opportunities to develop your career in a competitive multinational environment.
- Working in close cooperation with a team of motivated colleagues.
- Top quality education and training opportunities.
- A competitive salary and stable working environment.
Application Closing Date