Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a service enterprise for development cooperation with international operations and global experience. Owned by the Federal Republic of Germany, the organisation operates as a private-sector enterprise with a development policy mandate: to make sustainable improvements to the living conditions of people in the countries we operate in. The organisation’s business area – GIZ International Services – is the vehicle for offering GIZ’s services to international clients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Contract & Procurement Expert (m/f) – Enhancing Vocational Training Delivery
- GIZ International Services is preparing to participate in the tender for the French Development Agency (AFD) funded project “Project and Program Management for the project of: Enhancing Vocational Training Delivery for the Nigerian Power Sector” in the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Scope of the Project
- The purpose of the project is to contribute to the success of the reform of the electricity sector and to sustain its anticipated positive impacts (towards of an inclusive and balanced economic growth) by making available to public and private companies in the electricity sector qualified and well-trained personnel.
- Component 2 – Modernization of NAPTIN network of Regional Training Centers through the construction and rehabilitation of technical facilities, acquisition and installation of equipment, construction and rehabilitation of halls, administrative infrastructure and accommodation blocks;
- The overall objective is to provide technical support and skills transfer to the National Power Training Institute of Nigeria (NAPTIN). A Program and Project Management Team’ (P&PMT) of Experts will be selected in view to supporting the Project Implementation Unit (PIU) already set up within NAPTIN in the process of implementing the project. The project consists of three components:
- Component 1 – Development and implementation of improved training programs by developing a range of technical and non-technical training courses tailored to the needs of the industry and the authorities, training of trainers and certified electricians training;
- Component 3 – Reform of NAPTIN Governance: reform/review of NAPTIN corporate structure, business model, organization (procedures, financial management, human resources, monitoring and evaluation and marketing tools).
- Must be a University degree in Law, Engineering, Finance, Management, or other related field.
- A certificate or a diploma in Procurement would constitute an added advantage.
- A strong experience of 10 years in procurement, 3 of which he/she should have worked as a Procurement Specialist in donor funded program or project.
- Proven experience in the power sector procurement and contract management, especially as it relates to training and capacity building.
- Good English communication and writing skills, especially in report writing, are essential.
- In addition, the Contract & Procurement Specialist will technically support and work hand-in-hand with the Contract & Procurement Manager. The Contract & Procurement Specialist with the Contract & Procurement Manager will work directly with the P&PM team, PIU Team and collaborates with the Management Team of NAPTIN to ensure the procurement and contract standard of AFD and EU is strictly followed and adhered to for procurement and contract activities during the project execution and also prepare periodic Contract & Procurement reports and analysis.
- The Contract & Procurement Specialist will work closely with the contract and procurement Manager of the PIU and be mainly responsible (but not limited) to carry out the following functions:
- Establish administrative processes ensuring that all the procedures and documentation related to the project agreements are effectively managed.
- Develop and recommend optimal procurement methods.
- Prepare procurement related documents required for the procurement of goods, consulting services and works (if any).
- In collaboration with the P&PM and PIU teams, negotiate contracts with suppliers and service providers.
- Ensure all bid and performance securities from suppliers and service providers are well kept and available if required.
- Handle all issues related to procurement and contracts administration and management (supply delivery, partial deliveries and inconsistencies, progress completion reports for works and services, claims, amendments/extension, delays, penalties, etc.).
- Ensure that regulations on specific procurement and contractual issues are consistent with AFD guidelines and rules.
- Advise for potential risks/losses cases which need further legal steps.
- Prepare and produce monthly/quarterly/annual procurement and contracts execution and monitoring reports on the implementation of each signed contract for the supply of goods, works, consultancies and non-consultancy services.
- Provide any other legal guidance as assigned by the team leader.
- In collaboration with other team members Coordinate the process of pre-bid meetings, prepare answers/clarifications/modification.
- Prepare and update project procurement plan periodically and various draft contract templates to be used by the project, including the different procurement tenders.
- Coordinate, Collate and Prepare the project specific scope of work, ToR, Specification, Cost estimates and work schedules, evaluation criteria, for each contract and procurement activity in liaison with other P&PM team members and PIU team, etc.
- Provide day-to-day active legal support and advice to the team lead and PM related to project activities.
- Undertake the procurement contracts management which starts after the issuance of the final notification letters to the successful bidders/service providers/contractors.
- Recording all contracts documents per category of works, goods, consultancy services and non-consultant services.
- Prepare and update the Procurement Register (List of all procurement contracts awarded).
- Ensure the filing of all tenders/contracts awarded per category of works, goods, consultancy services and non-consultants services is properly done.
- Prepare and produce lists of procurement notifications forwarded for preparation of draft contracts for goods, works and services.
- In collaboration with other team members coordinate the process of receiving bids/proposals and examining the same, and in writing evaluation reports; negotiating with bidders and preparing contracts when required.
- Shall report to the P&PM team leader.
- The provisional start date is January 2018. The period of implementation of the contract is 15 months.
- The structure of the assignment will be 9 months at 100%; 24 months @25%
- Total: 15 months
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Apply
- We can only receive and process applications sent via our e-recruiting system.
- We would like to ask you to apply with a CV in World Bank format.
- We welcome job applications from people with disabilities.
Application Deadline 1st December, 2017.