Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI) is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries.
Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager – Taxes & Statutory Payments
Reports to: The Finance and Accounts Director
- H/she is responsible for the timely and efficient management of tax and all statutory payments for DAI in Nigeria and payroll management.
- In addition, h/she is accountable for providing regular financial information in compliance with Group guidelines and local financial reporting regulations.
Other responsibilities include:
- Review and process monthly Withholding Tax (WHT) and Value Added Tax (VAT) schedule into the proper tax location, tax types, tax categories, taxpayer entities, and tax amounts.
- Ensure accurate Company Income Tax (CIT) and Education Tax (ET) computations.
- Review and process monthly payroll tax (PAYE) inputs into the proper tax location, tax types, tax categories, taxpayer entities, and tax amounts.
- Ensure timely filing of tax returns to all relevant states.
- Ensure all taxes are paid as at when due.
- Ensure tax clearance certificates are obtained for staff & WHT credit notes for consultants.
- Maintain a cordial relationship with all relevant tax authorities and manage all audit queries from the tax authorities.
- Provide tax advisory support to DAI Nigeria and all DAI Nigeria projects as required.
- Monthly reconciliation of taxes on QuickBooks (accounting software)
- Management of statutory payments
- Ensure proper and timely remittances of all non-tax statutory obligations – Pensions, NHF, NSITF and ITF.
- Ensure timely filing of statutory returns while managing any queries on statutory remittances when required.
- Maintain cordial relationships with all relevant statutory agencies in charge of such payments.
- Oversee timely & accurate processing of payroll
- Timesheet analysis and labour utilization reconciliation.
- Review all payroll deductions and remittance reports.
- Review GL reconciliations and analysis of payroll earnings, deduction & taxes.
- Review payroll related reports.
- Support HR & Benefits while managing queries arising from payroll.
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting, or any finance related field.
- A minimum of 6 – 8 years of work experience in a similar role
- Fully qualified accountant –ACA, ACCA, CIMA and CITN
- Masters; degree in Business Administration, Finance or Economics is an added advantage
- Strong competencies in using robust accounting software such as QuickBooks, PeachTree and/or Oracle.
- Applicants with experience from any of the big accounting firms is an additional advantage
- Experience with general ledger functions and month-end/year-end closeout process.
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills.
- Solid knowledge of VAT, PAYE, WHT, CIT and all relevant tax laws
- Demonstrable numerical proficiency.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Consummate and committed professional.
Interested and qualified candidates should please send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 24th September 2021.
Note: DAI will only contact candidates that are successful at this pre-qualification stage.