Development Exchange Centre (DEC) is a non-government, not-for profit organization with a mandate to support rural and urban women to improve living conditions. This is pursued through the provision of social and micro finance services for socio-economic empowerment. We are currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- DEC is currently seeking an experienced, professional Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to oversee all operations, functions, and activities within the organization.
- The ideal candidate will have the skills and confidence needed to be the face of the organization, shouldering the responsibility of providing organization -wide strategic direction and implementing a progressive vision for the future.
- Works with board in order to fulfill the organization mission.
- Responsible for leading DEC in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
Financial Performance and Viability:
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support DEC’s mission.
- Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of DEC to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
Organization Mission and Strategy:
- Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Responsible for implementation of DEC’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that DEC can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
- Responsible for the enhancement of DEC’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
- Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Responsible for effective administration of DEC operations.
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Ability to convey a vision of DEC’s strategic future to staff, board, partners and donors
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other partners
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interface and engage diverse partners and donor groups
- Strong public speaking ability
- MBA or Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration, Social Work, Psychology or related area with requisite experience in administrating an organization or division involved in human social services.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience in administration of non-profit, or public service agency
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Outstanding management skills to direct and oversee investments and fundraising efforts.
- Aptitude for forging and maintaining fruitful relationships of trust with shareholders, partners, and external authorities.
- Poise and strength of character needed to be the public face representing the company, remaining ever mindful of the need to maintain good PR standing
- Ability to review and provide constructive feedback on reports made by subordinate managers.
- Ability to work well under pressure, take proactive measures against possible challenges, and resolve issues quickly, managing crises rapidly and effectively when necessary.
- Ability to develop and implement strategies that will successfully promote the organization’s mission and increase market share.
- Cultivate comprehensive business plans aimed to realize the goals and objectives set by the board of directors.
- Drive to collaborate well and assemble an effective team of leaders.
- Commitment to providing excellent guidance and coaching to subordinate managers.
- Ability to remain committed to compliance with all internal policies and legal regulations in every area of the organization’s daily activities, including fostering development of short and long-term plans, policies, and guidelines in this area.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send in their detailed CV and a personal statement on the position applied for to: [email protected] and copy [email protected]
Application Deadline: 7th June, 2019.