DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm and small business dedicated to development, with over 30 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. We are a data driven organization that specializes in informing policy making by delivering focused data-driven evidence-based analysis products and services. DevTech core practice areas include: Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Quality Assessment Specialist – Call for Resumes (STTA)
- DevTech is requesting CVs for a pool of data quality assessment team leaders and specialists for upcoming support. The MEL Activity conducts large data quality assessments in the health sector (often 6+ indicators, 4+ implementing partners, and 4+ states) using the MEASURE Evaluation DQA tool
- DQA teams, together with USAID and MEL Activity staff, will assess health indicators to identify the strengths and weaknesses of the data that implementing partners report to USAID
- The field work, to be conducted throughout Nigeria, will apply rigorous methods and criteria for DQAs to understand the extent to which data can be relied on for management and programming decisions
- Submission of your CV for these two positions will ensure you are considered for upcoming DQAs conducted by the MEL Activity for USAID.
Scope of Work
- Develop and finalize the DQA protocols, site selection methodology, and site visit plan with input from USAID/Nigeria’s technical office and the MEL Activity technical team.
- Coordinate debrief meeting of DQA findings by DQA Specialists and DQA Assessors at the DevTech Nigeria office following the state DQA visits.
- Compile site visit reports and validated data into coherent DQA reports with support from the DQA Specialists and/or other DQA team members.
- Develop PowerPoint presentation for the debrief with USAID/Nigeria with support from the DQA Specialists.
- Recommend actionable recommendations to address emerging data quality issues and M&E system issues identified.
- Carry out other DQA tasks as assigned by the MEL Activity’s Senior MEL Specialists and/or Chief of Party.
- With input from USAID/Nigeria’s relevant technical office and the MEL Activity, finalize materials for a data assessor training, and lead training exercise with the MEL Activity’s Senior MEL Specialists and Chief of Party, with participation from USAID/Nigeria.
- Participate and supervise, with input from the MEL Activity technical staff, the field activities of multiple teams of data quality assessors. The field activities will involve:
- Conduct of multiple IP M&E Systems Assessments and/or data verification for select HIV/HPN program indicators at IP central levels, intermediate and service delivery/sub-contractor levels (as appropriate); and
- Review the data quality of select HIV/HPN program indicators against the ADS 201 guideline.
- Review and provide relevant feedback on daily reports of DQA activities and findings submitted by DQA Specialists and DQA Assessors.
Deliverables, Level of Effort, & Schedule
- Work plan and DQA methodology and protocol;
- Training of DQA Assessors;
- In-brief with USAID/Nigeria technical offices
- DQA State visits (to include supervision of DQA Assessors during state field visit);
- Debrief with relevant USAID/Nigeria technical office, to include PowerPoint presentation on methodology, key findings, conclusions and recommendations;
- Draft DQA report; and
- Final DQA report, incorporating feedback from USAID/Nigeria and the MEL Activity.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- Medical Doctor or Master’s in Public Health, Epidemiology, Medicine, or a related field;
- At least ten years of experience in monitoring and evaluation, preferably with experience working on PEPFAR-funded HIV and/or supply chain projects establishing M&E systems, finalizing results frameworks, PMPs, M&E plans and M&E databases;
- Professional proficiency and fluency in written and spoken English (FSI 4 level) skills;
- Experience in Nigeria or Western Africa (preferred)
- Extensive demonstrated experience in leading and managing rigorous and evidence-based DQAs;
- Extensive demonstrated experience in conducting trainings on M&E methodologies, data collection and analysis, and findings dissemination sessions using DQA findings;
- Demonstrated experience writing evaluation reports and data quality assessment reports for USAID or other donors;
- Sound knowledge of the USAID ADS policy especially guidance and requirements on DQAs;
- Familiarity with conducting qualitative and/or quantitative data analysis in SPSS, Stata, Nvivo or Excel for data quality assessments;
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- This job posting should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law.