DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development. Founded in 1984, we have provided advisory services and technical assistance to government, private-sector, and civil-society stakeholders in more than 100 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Evaluator
- DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) was awarded by USAID the contract for the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Program (TLP) on September 14, 2016 and began operations in December 2016. Under the Learning Program contract, DevTech is tasked with providing technical support to assist USAID/Nigeria become a premier practitioner of program monitoring and evaluation with an embedded learning and adaptive culture which ensure Mission activities strategically align with USAID/Nigeria’s CDCS development objectives.
- During the four-year contract period, TLP intends to:
- Strengthen monitoring, reporting and evaluation function outcomes, including a geographic information systems-enabled performance reporting system
- Build an enhanced institutional practice centered on collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA). The expected results are to strengthen USAID’s monitoring and evaluation (M&E) system, to enhance M&E capacity of local entities, to improve accountability and the use of empirical evidence for programming, learning and adapting, and to maintain strategic alignment with the development objectives outlined in the Mission’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS).
- The Learning Program conducts periodic evaluations for the five technical offices in USAID/Nigeria (Economic Growth and Environment; Education; HIV/TB; Democracy and Governance; and Health, Population and Nutrition). These evaluations typically include the following:
- Conducting a comprehensive document review, including the activity’s deliverables and relevant literature on the topical area;
- Meeting representatives of USAID, including staff of the relevant technical office, to review all aspects of the SOW;
- Finalizing the SOW, including needed clarification or refinement of the evaluation questions;
- Developing a detailed work plan for USAID approval;
- Planning the logistics of the evaluation field work;
- Conducting individual interviews with activity stakeholders who are identified in the target areas and groups section of this SOW;
- Holding a focus group discussion (roundtable discussion) to answer the evaluation questions and bring together stakeholders involved with the project.
- These evaluations are typically staffed with two international evaluation experts and two local evaluation experts. Evaluations last for approximately 40-50 days, with approximately 35 days of LOE and require travel to Nigeria for 2-3 weeks.
- Reviewing available information to identify information gaps and refine data collection tasks accordingly;
- Designing data collection instruments for individual interviews and focus group discussions, as well as discussion guides for stakeholder roundtables;
- Developing outlines for the deliverables mentioned in the SOW and assign responsibilities among team members, including for report writing;
- Currently, DevTech is recruiting for evaluators for 2018 mid-term and end-of-project evaluations in all technical areas.
General requirements are as follows:
- 8-10 years of evaluation experience in subject matter area
- 5+ years of experience with USAID
- This position description should not be construed to imply that the requirements outlined here are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations.
- Incumbents will follow any instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
- Experience in Nigeria, or other conflict and crisis environments (West Africa preferred)
- Ability and willingness to travel to Nigeria for 2-3 weeks per evaluation
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.