Diadem Consults is a solutions and service provider to complex health and environmental problems. It is wholly Nigerian owned and was established in 2010 by an energetic and qualified team of professionals from various disciplines. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacist
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- The Pharmacist will work in the Pharmacy Unit to ensure excellent delivery of pharmaceutical care and uninterrupted supply of anti-retrovirals or medication at the field or community and facility level.
Support the integration of HIV/AIDS prevention and treatment services (Pre & Post exposure prophylaxis services, ART, Sexually Transmitted Infections) to Key Populations in line with current World Health Organization (WHO) recommendations and national guidelines both at the One-Stop-Shop and through community ART teams and report performance indicators as appropriate
- Dispense Antiretroviral drugs (ARVs) and other medication in line with approved regimens and standards in appropriate packaging with clear instructions.
- Providing medication-related counseling, including reinforcing adherence and advising on potential side effects and drug interactions.
- Identifying and supporting follow-up of clients who do not return for refills of their ARVs
- Contributing to decision making on treatment and care for individual clients
- Ensure Good Pharmaceutical Practice (GPP) and standards
- Contribute to forecasting /quantification of health commodities and monitoring of drug distributions
- Oversee drug logistics i.e. stock-taking, proper drug storage, drug stock out and monitor the effectiveness of the pull system
- Assess the functionality of existing pharmaceutical management systems and develop implementation plans that prioritize and address gaps
- Oversee quality assurance systems at the OSS by close monitoring of prescription patterns, ensuring proper documentation, side effects monitoring (pharmacovigilance) and reducing dispensing errors.
- Identify needs for information resources—for example, ART guidelines and drug information for medication counseling.
- Address emerging problems as client numbers increase
- Part of the retention and case management team in monitoring adherence; working with clients and other health service providers to address difficulties
- Ensure timely submission of quality reports through the appropriate channels.
- Doubles as focal persons for TB_PREV including proper electronic and hardcopy documentations.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 5 years work experience.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 10th December, 2021.