Posted on :
21 Feb, 2011
21 Feb, 2011
The role of the Shift Manager is to provide leadership to the shift operations team, creating conditions that enable team members to deliver high performance targets. Delivering exceptional performance in line with the company vision, values and World Class Manufacturing. This will be achieved through a process of role modelling, involvement, performance management and direct personal influence.
Responsible for effective management of shift variable costs and has significant impact on material costs, capacity & yield. Key role in minimising and accounting for waste and losses
Need to constantly reduce production cost, while maintaining high quality and delivery in a highly unionised working environment.
· Manages full shift responsibility including direct responsibility for developing, coaching and supporting team workers and contractors and indirectly overseeing maintenance activities.
· Interact with other Shift Managers, Packaging Manager, Brewing dept. (key internal supplier), Engineering and Supply Planning, to ensure that target volumes are achieved cost effectively and on time.
Purpose of Role:
Ownership of the delivery of shift outputs, targets and goals by managing, leading and supporting shift team to produce in a safe manner to desired customer service, quality and yield levels in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
1. Adhere and enforce all Guinness Nigeria PLC safety policy and procedures to achieve Zero Harm for all areas safety, health, environment, hygiene to ensure a safe and efficient operating environment. Utilise and apply safe systems of working and pro-actively seek opportunities to improve work environment.
2. Manage, prioritise and validate all activities of shift team workers by process confirmation, including safety, quality, operational, personnel, and administrative tasks.
3. Control cost of packaging by minimising process waste, maximising efficiencies and taking appropriate actions to reduce downtime and improve quality.
4. Develop & deliver improved performance against targets through effective problem solving, decision-making and communication between shift teams, and aligned, planned activity with Operations Improvement Team, Engineering support and Supply Planning.
5. Coach team members to identify and spot abnormalities and non conformances against visual standards. Then through situational problem solving assist the team, and their direct support, in quickly rectifying problems. Facilitate root cause analysis for persistent problems. Engage with Multi Discipline Team meetings to raise and discuss persistent performance issues.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
· Science or Engineering Degree or equivalent
· Should hold an IBG/NSE qualification and knowledge of packaging and WCM techniques.
· Minimum 4 years experience in food or drink packaging environment with a track record of delivering sustainable improvements in packaging efficiency and quality, particularly through effective people management and development.
· Competency in packaging management and prioritisation of resources to meet key targets, while setting high standards & stretching goals for self & others to exceed internal & external customer needs
Barriers to Success in Role:
Ability to develop, coach or motivate employees effectively.
Ability to solve problems effectively and make quick decisions, affects efficiencies, quality and cost.
Flexible working options:
Brewery based within Nigeria
How to Apply:
Log on to www.diageo.com & click on ‘careers‘ Click on ‘Search & Apply‘
Click on ‘Search openings‘ go to ‘key word‘ (Box 5) and enter the Ref No: 26540BR
Click ‘view job(s)’ to read the detailed job profile Click on ‘submit to job(s)’ to submit your Cv