At Guinness Nigeria, we believe in recognition and reward. We have a range of incentive schemes to reward excellent performance, as well as incentives that aim to encourage a culture of saving. We operate a competitive pensions scheme, provide medical care and a broad and flexible range of other benefits. We also offer many opportunities for personal growth and development and encourage employee self-development through our education support programme.
To ensure our Safety requirements of its operating units, the Manufacturing Sites processes must operate effectively and efficiently to ensure adherence to legislation, our policies and the our Global Risk Management Standards.
Diageo which takes the form of Guiness in Nigeria is now recruiting for a Safety Support Manager.
This position provides operational Safety management support across the Manufacturing Support Hub.
- This role impacts on sales volumes by ensuring continuity of supply in a supply centre delivering £775m NSV through driving safety management standards and improvement across the owned and managed sites inside the manufacturing support hub.
- They will drive the roll out of Safety management standards across the manufacturing support hub.
2. Market Complexity:
- The role operates across multiple markets in the developing and volatile economies of Africa, as well as interacting at a global level with global functions and other supply centres.
- The role includes ensuring compliance with diverse regulatory systems in various counties.
3. Leadership Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will champion Safety management improvement across the manufacturing support hub.
- They will help develop strategy at the manufacturing support hub level and will develop plans and lead implementation across the operating sites.
- They will be responsible for communicating and ensuring compliance to the Diageo Global Risk Management Standards (GRMS).
- They will lead change in order to create a culture of Zero Harm across the supply operations and supply chain for the manufacturing support hub.
- A primary part of the role will be extensive mentoring, training and coaching of local Safety managers and brewery operations managers.
- Safety Support manager role will have 2 direct reports.
Purpose of Role:
- To support the Manufacturing Support Director and Africa Supply Directors to ensure that appropriate and consistent safety management systems are in place across Africa ‘s market remit, in order to protect Diageo’ s people, brands and reputation.
- Similarly to work closely with Diageo Global Supply Safety management to ensure that risk management processes are aligned throughout the organisation.
- Monitoring and Reporting Performance for the Hub Leading functional response to support off track targets.
- Leadership and Coordination of functional area across hub Supply Sites, Sharing best practices across Hub/Region.
- Roll out Zero Harm Strategy to all sites in Hub, Lead Safety awareness campaigns, safety weeks, and newsletters.
- Train on Risk Assessments, Supports specialist / adhoc RA. New machine, process Hazops/RA
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in relevant discipline.
- Recognised Safety qualification, NEBOSH, Safety Post Grad.
- Excellent knowledge of Diageo risk management processes and policies.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Influencing without authority.
- Change management skills.
- Computer literate.
- Proven track record in Safety management (5-10 years relevant experience).
- Broad brewery operational experience.
- Broad business experience and knowledge.
- Able to lead or work effectively in cross-functional teams.
- ISO 9001 Lead Assessor certified.
- Culturally sensitive and understanding the challenges facing developing countries.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
Deadline is 20th August 2009.
To apply online click on the link below. Click ‘Search & Apply’; Select ‘Search Openings’ and enter the reference number 20312BR in the keyword field.
Apply for this Job here (This offer has expired)