Posted on :
15 Dec, 2010
15 Dec, 2010
Diageo plc engages in producing, distilling, brewing, bottling, packaging, distributing, developing, and marketing spirits, beer, and wine worldwide. The company offers a range of premium brands comprising Smirnoff vodka, Johnnie Walker scotch whisky, Captain Morgan rum, Baileys Original Irish Cream liqueur, JeB scotch whisky, Tanqueray gin, and Guinness stout.
Our vision is to be the most celebrated business in Nigeria. To help us realise this we this we are committed to world-class standards in procrement. That’s where you come in we are now seeking highly computent & experienced professionals to join our procurement team.
Job Title: Category Manager – ATL & Sponsorships (REF NO: 25793BR)
Responsible for the development of sttetching category strategies that clearly qeliver brand growth by Assuring, Protecting and Creating value for’all areas of above the line, Media(Planning, buying and management), sponsorship, and relationship marketing.
• Implementation of Head of Procurement -designated key projects through effective project management, tltilising appropriate a-procurement tools to maximise speed, efficiency and drive of benefits e.g. e-RFI’s e-RFP’s, e-auctions, spend analysis.
• Work with Media Agencies/partners to secure best timings and rates for programming deals.
• Develop and agree Agency (Media, PR, Creative, advertising) Work Plans and partner with legal to develop Agency Contracts.
• Develop and implement Standard Media Operating Procedure to improve media administration.
• Lead monitoring & control of media and OOH campaigns to ensure value for money
• Lead outdoor auditing, electronic media monitoring and execution of initiatives to improve compliance
• Develop and agree Agency (Media, PR, Creative, advertising) Work Plans and partner with Legal to develop Agency Contracts.
• Champion and embed compliance of Diageo Marketing Code with the Media. PRo and creative Agencies
– First Degree is mandatory.
-Minimum of 7 years commercial experience,Specialist media planning & Buying experience gained in a Media – buying’’ organization with demonstrated direct responsibility fpr managing multi-billion Naira media budget (Experience gathered from advertising agency will be of advantage)
-Strong Negotiation Skills
-minimum of 3 years procurement experience is essential coverial all procurement imperatives (quality, service, cost, risk, growth support, innovation)
-Analytical and numerical skills
-previous experience of working with or closely with an FMCG procurement Function (prior sap experience an advantage) for an extended period.
-Have a flair for field work and travels
Method of Application
CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE
Log on to www.diageo.com & click on ‘careers‘ Click on ‘Search & Apply‘
Click on ‘Search openings‘ go to ‘key word‘ (Box 5) and enter the Ref No Click ‘search‘
Click ‘view job(s)’ to read the detailed job profile Click on ‘submit to job(s)’ to submit your Cv.
Please note that the Closing date for submission of Applications is 28th December, 2010