Posted on :
8 Nov, 2009
8 Nov, 2009
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment to the position of Director, Department of Air Traffic Management, Federal Ministry of Aviation, Abuja.
• The Director Air Transport Management Department of the Federal Ministry of Aviation reports directly to the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry.
• He/She advises the Permanent Secretary on policy issues and implementation.
• For this key position the applicant must possess vision, excellent managerial ability, professional competence, discipline, integrity and transparency in public and private hire.
• The candidate should be able to provide government with appropriate advice on the best options available for efficient and effective management of the country’s air transport system to bring it up to world class standards.
Qualification & Experience
In order to qualify for the position, the candidate must:
• Possess a university degree in aeronautical/aerospace engineering or any degree with aircraft maintenance engineers’ license.
• Possess a minimum of 15 years or more continuous aviation experience in air transport operations management; membership of government approved national or international professional society (ies) will be an advantage.
• Be registered with the Council for Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN); foreign training and registration with a foreign aeronautical body will be an added advantage.
• Command sound knowledge of International Civil Aviation organization (ICAO), its Annexes, Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs).
• Command sound knowledge of Bilateral/Multilateral Air Services Agreement, and general Policy implementation.
• Command sound knowledge of aviation audit procedures and practices at National and International levels.
Remuneration & Conditions of Service:
• The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of Director, Air Transport Management Department, Federal Ministry of Aviation and as may be determined from time to time by the Federal Government of Nigeria.
• In accordance with the provisions of the Civil Service Rules and Regulations, the successful candidate shall hold office up to the compulsory retirement age of 60 years unless otherwise posted elsewhere within the service.
• Fringe benefits include a pension scheme in consonance with the contributory pension scheme and allowance as may be approved from time to time by the Federal Government.
Method of Application:
Applications should be submitted together with 35 copies of Curriculum Vitae stating: Date of Birth, Marital Status, Qualifications, Professional Experience, State of Origin, Names and Addresses of three Referees and Photocopies of all credentials backed with such supporting documents as will assist the Commission in the comprehensive assessment of suitability of the candidate.
Applications are to be submitted under confidential cover with the envelope marked “POST OF DIRECTOR, AIR TRANSPORT MANAGEMENT” and addressed to:
The Chairman, Federal Civil Service Commission,
3 Abidjan Street, Zone 3, Wuse,
Applicants should inform their referees to forward their CONFIDENTIAL REPORTS to the above address within the same deadline.
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted.
Closing Date: 17th November, 2009.