Posted on :
11 Jun, 2011
11 Jun, 2011
The World Bank Nigeria Country Office is looking for an experienced professional, capable of operating effectively in a very demanding fast-paced environment to serve as a local Extended Term Consultant.
Job # 111025
Job Title: E T Consultant
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
The Consultant will work in the Poverty Reduction and Economic Management Unit and will have various responsibilities like assisting in the management of projects and supporting policy relevant economics analytical work. The incumbent will interact with other members of the Nigeria Country Team both in Abuja and Washington, DC.
Duties and Accountabilities
The incumbent will:
– Assist in the supervision of the Economic Reform and Governance Project with the Federal Government by taking responsibility as a primary working-level World Bank liaison for a number of agencies
– Assist in work on public financial management
– Maintain and expand the database for economic analysis of the Nigerian economy.
– Provide inputs and assistance to the preparation of policy notes and other analytical work
– Provide assistance for other projects or tasks in the work program as necessary.
– Master’s degree in economics from a reputed international or local university, with two or more years of relevant work experience
– Excellent understanding of macroeconomics, public financial management, and a good working knowledge of the Nigerian economy.
– Experience in project management with international organizations would be an added advantage
– Ability to work under pressure to produce good-quality output in response to tight deadlines;
– Strong inter-personal and team skills, ability to develop effective relations within and outside the organization; interest in working in a diverse, multi-cultural team;
– Analytical ability and resourcefulness in performing varied tasks in the area of functional specialty;
– Good judgment and a high degree of commitment to the job.
Application Deadline: 27th June, 2011